Another 70's Rock Poll :(Black Sabbath or Deep Purple)

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dreadnaught, Mar 11, 2007.

Black Sabbath or Deep Purple?

1. Black Sabbath

2. Deep purple

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I like both of these bands. One is a band that had all the airtime in the world and the other is a band that had very little because of their lyrics. My favorite is is the latter of the two. These bands are both Rock ICONS.

2. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    Sabbath, definately. i like some of deep purples stuff dont get me wronge. but ive been a fan of black sabbath since i knew what music was. listenin to that kind of music in my dads garage building things only i knew what they were at a level of a 14 year old at the age of about 4. i dont like the ronnie james dio era of sabbath as much as the ozzy era, but you look at all the band members of the sabbath legacy its unbeatable in my opinion, Tony Iommi on guitar, Geezer Butler on bass. Great musicians.

3. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    I gotta agree w/ya JW. In my opinion, they r both icons. If we r gonna do polls, what about Van Halen with or w/o David Lee Roth?

4. whiskerlover

whiskerlover New Member

State:
    St. joseph Missouri
    Ozzie rules! Thats all i have to say.:cool2:

5. Doyle

Doyle New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Who are they? What country station are they on? :smile2:

6. catsrking

catsrking New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Nice matchup, as both are outstanding. But gotta go with Black Sabbath & the Oz.

7. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Their both good.It just depends on my mood.If I'm mellowed out I'd go with Deep Purple.I'd go with Sabbath if I was in the mood for rocking!
    If I have to pick 1...
    Deep Purple

8. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Sabath, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, Zeppelin! Give me a break! Ya want good 70's music ya gotta go with ZZTOP! LOL! Talk about no air time!

9. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    what's a country station, Doyle? is that where they sell corn gasoline?:lol:

10. Dave L

Dave L New Member

State:
    Minnesota
    Both are awesome bands, though I have worn out a couple of We sold our soul for rock n roll cassettes. Actually I just had my son put it on cd for me.:big_smile:

11. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Nice to see that somebody Jayson's age even knows who these bands are - but really; we all know the Young Bro's of AC/DC know what a guitar is made for!!!

12. ersel

ersel New Member

State:
    Haughton Louisiana
    Sabbath all the way not even close!

13. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    TALK ABOUT NO AIR TIME?
    Black oak arkansas had about 3 songs tops that would ever be heard on the radio
    jim dandy to the rescue
    halls of karma
    uncle lijah

the last two are great songs but they have plenty more that people probably never heard.

sabbath and purple are pretty different in there style and music
    and if it were just the old black sabbath vs. deep purple i'd vote for BS
    but the ozzy era:roll_eyes: you can have it deep purple would be my choice.

14. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Iron Man was the first tune I learned to pluck on the guitar when I was 10. Alot of people see Ozzy as a blundering fool, but not me. He is a masterful showman. In my eyes, Black Sabbath is the most revolutionary rock band ever to exist. Without Tony Iomi there would be no power chords, as they were invented from neccesity as a result of Tony's fingers being chopped off on the last day on the job as a metal worker, hence the term Heavy Metal. Tony persevered through his injury to become the quitesintial forefather of heavy meatal guitar wizardry. Deep Purple definantly deserves kudos too, as they were a great band with some great tunes, but Sabbath trumps all due to the fact that they invented Metal. I totally dig the combination of blues, jazz, and good old rock and roll. Ronnie James Dio is NOT Black Sabbath. I can stand to listen to some RJD on his own, but consider RJD era Sabbath as blasphemy.

15. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    LMHO, I've been waiting on that very comment................Now BG, you need to move SOUTH, as they play ZZ a whole lot down here. :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Gotta love 'em. To me there is not anyone to put on a poll beside them. So there. Also the original Lynyrd Skynyrd. The new one is ok, just the Rossington Collins band with the remainder of LS.

Take care.
    Cheryl

P.S. Now that you are getting older, BG, the sun is good for the 'itises' that occur. :lol:

16. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    OK, someone needs to pit Uriah Heep against a band..........who should it be?

17. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    "URIAH HEEP" vs. "JUDAS PRIEST" Yikes is that gonna be loud! LOL!

18. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Sabbath and Purple! I can't pick. My record album archives is well stocked by both bands. Some of my favorite selections by these groups were songs the radio never played such as Sabbaths - Warning, N.I.B., Planet Caravan, Megalomania, Wheels of Confusion, etc. How about Purples - Sweet Child In Time, Rat Bat Blue, Mary Long, etc.! Man those are some classics! I clicked Sabbath on the Poll but love 'em both. Seen them both in concert. Ritchie Blackmore done well on his own also!

19. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    I believe it was Richie Blackmore's "RAINBOW" LOL!

20. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    Waaaay back in the 80's, I was 16, just got my liscense. Went out drinking with a buddy that was old enopugh to buy beer back in those days. We went to the rival football town (after consuming several beverages). We didn't make it 300 yards into town before the blue lights of the law was beating down on our necks. 6 beers outta a twelve laying on the floorboard under my buddy's feet. Now I have to say I was SCARED,lol. We pulled into a 7-11 type store with the fuzz right behind us. My buddy had just popped a tape in and it started to play as the cop came to my window. WAR PIGS lol. That was the first time I'd heard OZZY. We got away with a warning about illegal left hand turns. But OZZY is the man as far as I'm concerned.