Another 20+ LB Carp

Discussion in 'Carp Fishing' started by mcwrestler, Jun 6, 2009.

1. mcwrestler

mcwrestler New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Here are some pictures from an outing a few weeks ago, just getting around to posting. The bait of the day was the usual grits pack with K-1 Tutti Frutti, hook bait for this fish was 2 corn puffs coated in cinnamon. Day started with some mid teens but nothing big. I baited with the puffs and threw it almost right into the boat dock. About 5 minutes later my alarm went off and I set hard and horsed it away from the snags, assuming it was a smalled fish. However, near the bank I saw the huge mouth and knew that I had just drug an upper teen or low 20 out of the area. I generally try not to horse the fish around, but I was testing my new reels and had to give them a workout. The fish went 35 inches long and was a few ounces above 21lbs. Here are the pictures from that day. I will submit the picture of the fish and length to the TN TARP program that promotes catch and release of trophy sized fish, with the hopes of progressing carp angling in the state.

Attached Files:

2. 40oz

40oz New Member

State:
    Gun Barrel Tx
    Where you gonna find a bowl big enuff for that goldfish :smile2:
    nice fish congrats

3. USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT

USCA-RECLAIMED-ACCOUNT New Member

Nice carp Brad!Good fishing.I,ve always been a carp man too.Carp by day,cats by night!:eek:oooh:

4. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    good job!