Anne Frank Video

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DANZIG, Oct 18, 2009.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
  2. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    I missed her, didn't recognize her.

3. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Looking out of the window at :10 into the video.

4. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanks so much for posting. I love history!!:big_smile:

5. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    If you haven't, read her diary sometime. Pretty good read. From the eyes of a young lady without a lot of politics.

6. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's pretty cool. I visited the Ann Frank house the last time I was in Amsterdam. It was very educational.

7. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i woulda visited some stuff that wasnt even really there if i went to amsterdam. even though she is totally hot, i think i woulda skipped that tour destination.

8. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Jeffro,, I know you are just joking, but in this case it really is not appropriate.

"I visited the Ann Frank house the last time I was in Amsterdam. It was very educational."

I was only in Amsterdam for a hit-and-run in between flights, but I went past the house on the bus tour.

I don't care much for any "big city" but I would like to spend a little time in that one, and hang out with some of the folks.

"If you haven't, read her diary sometime. Pretty good read."

Yes sir! Puts a very "human face" on the consequences of politics. And indeed,,, evil.

9. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    "I don't care much for any "big city" but I would like to spend a little time in that one, and hang out with some of the folks."

One of the nicest things about Amsterdam is that it is not anything like any big city most of us are used to. It is a very laid back place and very friendly. It is the kind of place where you can walk the streets, any streets, at 2am without fear. There is always something to do, somewhere to go, and something to see. The food is fantastic, no matter what kind you want; Indonesian, Moroccan, German, Brazilian, Chinese, Japanese, American, English, whatever. You can even roll a fattie on the table while waiting for your meal if you like! People spend hours after work sitting inside or outside of restaurants TALKING, not in front of their TVs. The museums are amazing. You see craftsmanship and art that will blow you mind. The police are very friendly and have been specially trained to avoid conflict if at all possible. Talk about freedom! You can do just about anything you want as long as you are not hurting anyone else. People speak English everywhere you go, and go out of their way to help foreigners. There are many, many buildings there where people live and work that are older than ANY building in America, and still in good repair.
    You can hop on a train and be in France, Belgium, or Germany in a few hours. If you drink too much wine, you can stand on any corner, and in 10 minutes, catch a tram back home.
    On top of that, the entire country is full of the most beautiful, in shape women, from 18 to 80, I've ever seen. It is nothing to see a beautiful woman sitting on the cross bar of a bike heading out on a date. They aren't vain about what you drive or what you own. They are much more concerned with what kind of person you are and how involved in life you are. The average citizen there knows more about American politics than most Americans do!

Last edited: Oct 20, 2009
  10. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    matter of fact i have read her diary, and flathead willy responded with the answer i was looking for (referring to the question asked in the reps i gave him for this post)