Anise oil ?s

Discussion in 'Catfishing Baits' started by rzrbk24, Mar 16, 2007.

1. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    I finally remembered to pick up some anise oil at wally world last night. I've read so much about it on this site and I just re-read most of the posts about it, but I still have a few questions.

1. How much anise extract should I mix in a 15oz jar of Sonny's Super Sticky dip bait?

2. Since the stuff smells just like black licorice, has anybody ever just thrown out a black licorice twizzler and caught a fish? That may sound a little far-fetched, but somebody out there has probably tried it.

2. rzrbk24

rzrbk24 New Member

State:
    Pope Air Force Base, NC
    I guess nobody has ever used a black licorice twizzler as bait. I'm gonna try it this year. What could hurt, if the fish don't eat em then I will!!:lol:

3. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I used about 10 drops of anise extract in a 1/2 cup of Karo light corn syrup last year, and dipped night crawlers in it. My son and I caught about 10 nice eating size channels, including the one in my Avatar. It was late spring and they were in the shallows about 1 to 2 feet. Didn't work real well later in the summer.

4. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've got some of those twizzlers, and I'm planning to try putting a few on my jugs this year, when it gets warmer. I suspect that the scent will disperse better in warm water.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    James I wouldn't add it to the whole jar of Sonny's are you could ruin it all. Experiment with a little on the side. I think you can gain more by useing peanut butter and sorgum in moderation. Works great.

6. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    Just me but I've never caught a fish with the stuff.I've tried it on several different things and several combinations and no luck.It may just be the places I fish but It hasn't done me any good.

7. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    we use to use Anise oil with a pack of boneless chicken breast cut up into chuncks. that stuff is hard to beet at a pay lake but I have never did any good on the river or the lake with it. I used the whole bottle with one whole pack of the breast and give it a day or two in the fridge or i pre made some and put it in the freezer.