Anise Oil; Pros or Cons ...

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS' started by KevMan, Feb 18, 2009.

1. KevMan

KevMan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I've never used it before but, I've read a few good things about it and I'd like to know if any of you have ever had any luck with it? I was going to combine it some garlic stuff I have plus blended cheesy hotdogs. Yeah, I'm always looking for that absolute bait and in my soul I know I'll never find it but, I will not give up !!!
    Anyway, let me know what you local guys and girls think of it, please.

2. catman from owensboro

catman from owensboro New Member

State:
    ky
    it works great on chicken breast at lakes but never tryed it on the river

3. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I would like to know also. A test while fishing. Some with Anise and others without.

4. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    I would be interested in your "trial" results. I'm usually trying to avoid any kind of "introduced" smell on my bait but if it works, I'm all for it.

Tight lines.

5. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    I've tried using anise, garlic, and shrimp flavoring from Ramen noodles, and they have all seemed to work about equally well.

6. KevMan

KevMan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm going out next weekend and I'll have the results from my trip.
    Later...

7. KevMan

KevMan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    :embarassed::eek:oooh: Sorry, I wish I had some news for all you guys on the Anise Oil but, I ran into a slight problem. I feel on my way to my fishing hole and hairline fractured my wrist :sad2: ...
    :roll_eyes: I'll have to go give it another try once I heal up. Sorry again but, things happen.

8. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's to bad. Hope you heal up in a hurry.

9. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    that blows kevin. hope you get well fast.

10. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Ow, that's gotta hurt! And most likely your casting wrist, too.

I hope that you recover quickly so you can hit the water soon. I look forward to hearing how the anise-oil test turns out!

11. catback

catback New Member

State:
    virginia
    i got a call from a friend about 11:eek:o at night , one night and he said they were at the river bank fishing and wanted me to come on down , so of course i went, grabbed some beers, my rods, but didnt have any bait ,so i looked in the friedge to see what was in there and i had a garlic pork tenderloin in there, well you kmow what happened there i had to try it!!!! well i got down there and you know what happened next, they laffed there a$$ off!! i opened the pack, cut me a slice, put it on the hook , casted it , and i didnt even git to put the rod down befor it went off , then it was my turn to laff hahaha cought a 15 in the first 5 seconds!!! that stuff worked pretty good .

12. 10POUNDER

10POUNDER New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I have used pork chop peice's before with mint extract ....It worked very well ......

13. KevMan

KevMan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks everyone for the good wishes. Yeah, you got it right, I fell and busted my right wrist and it my casting hand and it HURTS:embarassed::sad2: !!!
    Anyway, I'll get back out there as soon as I can. 2 weeks from now is a conservative guess at my return or attemp at it.
    Thanks for the support and I will post my results A.S.A.P.

14. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    If the anise oil works, i may try black jelly beans. Fish don't bite, i'll eat em.:eek:oooh:

15. keepitsimple

keepitsimple New Member

State:
    virginia
    I've used pure anise oil soaked in sponges for steelhead and brown trout successfully when nothing else worked in the great lakes. Pure anise oil is more costly than the cheaper stuff in grocery stores but the scent stays on alot longer.