Angler's Club in Missouri

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by kappandra, Apr 15, 2008.

1. kappandra

kappandra New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hi,
    When I was a little girl, my whole family used to go to a place in Missouri called the Angler's Club to fish and camp. My grandparents got everyone into it. Unfortuanately, everyone who knew where it was located has passed away. My cousin's and I were talking aobut it at our last reunion and were hoping to find out where it was and if it's even still open. All of us have wonderful memories of fishing and camping there with our grandparents when we were little kids. Does anyone know where this place in MO was or if it still exists?
    Thanks!
    Kathi

2. catfisherman_eky3

catfisherman_eky3 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    welcome to the boc its good to have you aboard

3. kappandra

kappandra New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you very much!

4. fishingbuddy4

fishingbuddy4 New Member

State:
    Warner Rob ga
    Do you know if it was close to lexington missouri ,theres a lake and camping at sunshine lake that i thought had something like that.

5. kappandra

kappandra New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I will check on that. I know you had to pay membership dues to fish and camp there. Does that sound like the place at Lexington?

6. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I can think of several places that technically would qualify in that description. It would sure be a lot more helpful if we knew how far from St Louis it was. Then again, distance back then was measured a lot different than today. I remember back in the 50's, going out to visit my sister waaaaaay out in the country, back off a long dirt road in Creve Coeur. It took hours to reach from St Louis, mostly by gravel roads. I remember riding the Admiral back then too, took several hour ride up & down the Mississippi River, that was 5 miles wide and the current was 20 MPH. Then I remember when the Arch was built, saw it just as they were getting it finished. It stood a mile tall, way up taller than those downtown buildings that were 200 stories up.

Want me to tell ya about the fish I used to catch back then?:wink:

7. kappandra

kappandra New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know my grandparents were originally from over near the Sedalia and Sweet Springs area, so it may have been over that way. I just remember all the adults called the the Angler's Club.

8. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    That could explain why we are having a problem remembering that place. There are a lot of old folks here on the BOC, not so much very many adults.:wink:

9. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    CRS gets us all:embarassed:

10. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Welcome:big_smile::big_smile:

11. gdk0925

gdk0925 New Member

State:
    pevely missouri
    Welcome to the boc,I have only been a member for about 1 month and am on here everyday.I find the people very helpful and enjoyable.I have never heard of the place but my dad may have next time I talk to him I will ask.Nice to see good looking women that like to fish again welcome aboard:smile2:

12. kappandra

kappandra New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you. A couple people have given me some directions to where they think it may be. My daughter and I are going to trip to do a little exploring one Saturday afternoon to see if we can find it. It's out off HWY 50, that much I did find out. Have you talked to people in the group Gateway Catfish group? They are real nice and helpful too.
    :big_smile: