Angler's Club in Missouri

Discussion in 'Gateway Catfishing Club' started by kappandra, Apr 15, 2008.

1. kappandra

kappandra New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hi,
    When I was a little girl, my whole family used to go to a place in Missouri called the Angler's Club to fish and camp. My grandparents got everyone into it. Unfortuanately, everyone who knew where it was located has passed away. My cousin's and I were talking aobut it at our last reunion and were hoping to find out where it was and if it's even still open. All of us have wonderful memories of fishing and camping there with our grandparents when we were little kids. Does anyone know where this place in MO was or if it still exists?
    Thanks!
    Kathi

2. poopdeck [patrick]

poopdeck [patrick] New Member

State:
    ofallon il
    I think it was in missouri lol :big_smile:

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Welcome to the BOC from Mo. Kathi. Haven't heard of it but if it is still around some one will come up with it. Was it on a lake or on the river?

4. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    For some reason it is not letting kathi reply, she will do so as soon as possible. She told me it was on a river but also had a private lake.

5. kappandra

kappandra New Member

State:
    Missouri
    All I can remember is that it took a while to get there from St. Louis. I know there was a lake there big enough for boats and on the other side of the campgrounds there was river access. My grandma died when I was 8 and I don't remember going there with my grandpa much after she died.

6. poopdeck [patrick]

State:
    ofallon il
    Kathi has some realtives that were "river rats" They lived in a house up on poles along side the river.

7. kappandra

kappandra New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Nothing wrong with river rats. It's easy to get dinner....lol!

8. Skunk Master

Skunk Master New Member

State:
    Colinsville, Il
    Hey Bob you old fart.. You've been around forever, do you know where Kathi's talking about..

9. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Whats the matter HarryOld? you had to remember to take your Geritol today, and forgot everything else didn't ya.....:smile2:

10. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    No, I dont recall hearing about it. In fact I cant remember a lake close to the river unless it was Rock Lake.

11. kappandra

kappandra New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have a little more info. We think it was out hwy 50, from 44. Does anyone know that area?

12. olddriller

olddriller New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Kathi,
    I am not sure but I think the place you are thinking of was in Franklin County Mo. East of Noser Mill in the Neuer , Mo. area. The Bourbeuse River is close by. From St. Louis, I-44 west to Hwy 50 west to hwy 185 at Beaufort ,Mo. Turn Left ( South ) on hwy 185. Go about 2 miles and turn left ( East ) on Fox Creek Rd. About 2 miles is Anglers Rd. Many years ago I used to live in this area and I can remember a sign at 185 & Fox Creek rd. that said MO. Anglers Club. I never did know where it was for sure. And I doint remember any big lakes in this area. You can also get to this area from Hwy UU off Hwy 50. Could trun out to be a wild goose chase ? O-well I am getting old and have trouble remembering where I fished last. Good Luck Let Me know if you find it.
    Paul.

13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Kathi, Paul just might have where you looking for. I Google Earth'ed the location he gave, when you get to Anglers road, make a right and drive to the end of the road. There is a lake there and some river/large creek within walking distance.
    Good luck!

14. kappandra

kappandra New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thank you so much for your help! I am going to try to make a day trip of it with my daughter in the next couple of weeks to drive out there.