Angler Recognition Program

Discussion in 'LOCAL OKLAHOMA TALK' started by Okccatman, Dec 5, 2005.

1. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    I was unaware that we had a program such as this. I have heard of it in other states and I think the program is a great way to promote the sport of fishing as well as releasing your catch for future anglers to enjoy.

Here is the link.
    http://www.wildlifedepartment.com/angler.htm

Has anyone here ever sent in the forms and received any of their awards? I know we have many here that would be deserving of them.

David Frantz

2. Aquacat

Aquacat New Member

State:
    Sherman, Texas
    okccatman, that's looks like a great program for the those who are new to fishing.

3. Justin

Justin New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    If I remember right they have a Angler Recognition Program and a Trophy Conservationist Program. For the Angler Recognition you just have to fill out a form they have on their website and mail it with a photo of the fish. For the Trophy Conservation Award you must fill out the form and send it in with a picture of the fish being measured and a picture of the fish being released. The fish must exceed the minimum weight or length requirement before being acceptable as a trophy. Below is the requirements on the catfish.

Channel 15 lbs. 34"

Blue 30 lbs. 41"

Flathead 40 lbs. 42"

Bullhead (All Species) 2 lbs. 16"

Paddlefish 60 lbs. 45"

My Dad has a few Trophy Conservation Awards because of the flatheads he's had weighed that almost broke the record. He released the fish after they were weighed, and since there was a game ranger there, they sent him the certificates in the mail a couple weeks later. He also has one Master Angler Award for the 72.5# Flathead that broke the record, because he donated that one to the Jenks Aquarium.

4. Okccatman

Okccatman New Member

State:
    Norman,Ok
    That is very impressive Justin. I figured there had to be some of the brotheren with these awards. I am going to put a little effort in receiving one of the conservation awards this coming year. I bet there are many flatheads that could make me eligible in El Reno.
    Justin..... What are the chances that you could take a pic of you dad's awards? I sure would like to see what they look like.
    David Frantz