Anger Management

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SweetSymphony672, Sep 21, 2008.

1. SweetSymphony672

SweetSymphony672 New Member

State:
    England
    Hiya everyone, hope you're all gooooood

Needing a tad of advice now, what's the best way to releasing stress and anger in a quick, easy and safe process?
    Only because I've been kinda down in the dumps lately and letting things get to me and I really want to release some steam, but I don't know how!

Any advice guys?:sad2:

2. deadly_legend

deadly_legend New Member

State:
    Evansville, Ind
    music that you enjoy helps ALOT, and also writting your thoughts and everything into poetry helps, it turns your bad emotions into a form of art which makes you feel as if you accomplished something beautiful, also fishing, and also just vent occasionally (atleast those are the things i do.) but im sorry you are down...hope things get better for you soon!

3. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
  4. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages

What Kenny said. Aint nothing like bank fishing with a MP3 player.

5. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    It is different for everyone, spending time hunting/fishing with my brother does me wonders. Sometimes just doing something different will help or just go out and get you a new rod and reel, that always is fun:wink:

6. bownero

bownero New Member

State:
    Hastings, Ne.
    Hey Jen! I like to deal with anger and stress by fishing or hunting, exercise and listening to music too. I have a punching bag that I take my frustrations out on too. Talking it with someone you know can help your issues too. Just getting away for a few hours can help. Go for a drive or a bike ride. Make the call for yourself!!

Hope this helps.

7. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nothing like getting out an anvil and a hammer and whuppin on a chunk of iron. ,but if ya dont have access to one ...... Any way I just like to drive out to a secluded place that nice and sit and listen to nature,birds,an stuff.

8. boswifedeb

boswifedeb USCA Jailhouse Lawyer

State:
    Tennessee
    Name:
    Debbie
    Hi Jen, whenever I get totally bent out of shape (like my shape isn't already bent!:eek:oooh:) I like to drink a nice cup of mint tea and find a nice warm bubble bath. Let those cares go down the drain - plus you'll smell really good! :smile2: Hope things work out for you.

9. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    Jen every one hear has offerd some good advice but you can always finde some one hear to vent to if ya want or need to my ears are always open if ya need me and im sher thears uthers hear that would listen to if you are not comfertabl with me but just so you know im hear sisster

10. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    What he said. Cut loose on us and we will be here for you!!

11. Duckpoor

Duckpoor New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Just having the forsight to look ahead to find some where to point that frustration and agression puts you way ahead of the curve.:wink:

In order to keep this short I will share a couple thing I do and you and relate them to your situation or Not.

When this old world is about more than one guy needs, I head for the timber or creek bank.
    I always change shoes to my lace up hikers, find my special rooning hat .. and grab a walking stick from the corner.
    Something about a special pair of boots , hat and staff that changes the Mind set and draws a line between where I am and where I am gonna be.

Its basic and simple, but pulling them boot laces up tight and knocking the dust bunnies out of that hat just draws a clean line for me.

I generally won't hunt, fish or photograph till I get my head clear..
    For me those things as wonderful and important as they are, make ya plan and gather and somehow you measure your success..........

Heading out for a "round" opens ya up to what is there and leaves behind what is Not.
    ..................... take two.............

As far as "I am gonna break something" kind of energy.
    I work Wood.
    Sometimes a chain saw , sometimes an axe, sometime just cleaning up a bile of brush.... After the work burns off the heeebee gee beees..
    I gather up enough trash wood for a small fire and If I happen to have timed it right, I get to listen to the day sounds change to night sounds and Polk a stick in the fire from time to time just to keep me entertained.

Well there ya have it .. Some of my worsts have change to bests and they started with Lacing up them Boots.

rg

12. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Prayer changes things. Turn it over to God. He understands and will give you victory over the situtation.

13. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    All the above is good.
    I love outside .
    Also, a good dog helps. My dog is my best friend.

14. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Crushing golf balls at the driving range helps me sometimes. Pounding nails into old wood. I used to play drums, and that was a great way to release stress and be creative at the same time.

15. Mac-b

Mac-b Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    North Caro
    Stress, you can relieve it with music, walking, excerise, eating your favorite ice cream, reading, Yoga, meditations, etc.

Anger is the bad one. First, are you angry with yourself or someone else? If you are angry with yourself, try to figure out how to avoid this situation in the future. If you are angry with someone else, then my policy is to not worry about things I have no control over. In other words, forget about it and go on with your life.

16. ateamfisherman

ateamfisherman New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jen get if you have a tractor or lawnmoore get on one or the other start mowing. Then just let your mind wonder keepriding ormowing the lnger you ride or mow thecloser to god you will getthe better you will feel thanks sam davis

17. germanmudfish

germanmudfish New Member

State:
    Gray, GA
    Get the book, "Shut up, stop whining and get a life" by Larry Winglet. Anger is good, it shows you are fed up with something and can be used to fuel necessary change. This guy is amazing in that he is totally non traditional in his approach to leadership and self help. If you are easily offended by the truth though, stay away. It is painful reading sometimes. Just a suggestion. Catfish (the wife) beats on my arm to release anger, seems to work for her. For me, not so much.

18. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Sweet Melodies: Under a lot of stress? The cure I have found is to make a moderator unhappy with ya. Worse yet get The Chief steamed.

Will, I guarantee ya take your mind off all other things.

John.

19. Brando

Brando New Member

State:
    Louisville, Kentucky
    It's great that you're looking at doing something with your energy rather than just bottling it up. For me, if I stuff my anger/shame/frustration/sadness long enough, then it comes out sideways and I end up taking it out on other people, and they don't deserve that.

For me, talking helps sometimes. Other times, it just ain't enough. Then, I go to a tennis racket and lay some pillows on the floor and bash the heck out of them. That usually works me up into a big enough frenzy that I have some kind of release and I can get down to what is really going on with me and why I'm so mad. For me, anger tends to be a pretty top-level emotion, meaning that usually when I'm mad on top, it's because I'm really afraid or hurt underneath.

If the racket thing won't work, cover your kitchen floor or garage floor with some cheap plastic painter's dropcloths (about $2 at a hardware store) and go to the dollar store and get some big bags of chips. Then, mash the bags up, crunch them in your fists, tear 'em open, whatever. They provide a wild feeling actually, and I like to hear them crunch and crackle; it's pretty satisfying.

I hope you find some release.