Angels landing, at Santee Cooper Lake

Discussion in 'Bass Fishing' started by litltman, Feb 16, 2007.

1. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    hi to u all.my brother and friend are going to angels landing tomorrow morning to fish a bass tournament. does anyone know what the bass are biting on. or has anyone been there and caught any bass lately. any help or info would be great. thanks. have a blessed day.

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    here in texas, either big slow baits or tiny slow baits. It all depends on who u ask.

3. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Steve, I haven't heard any good reports, so I don't know what to tell you, but I did hear of a few being caught in the shallows that were supposedly in prespawn pattern; just hearsay.
    If you do good, I'd like to have a few for fresh cut bait. :lol:

Just kidding!

4. richard dunbar

richard dunbar New Member

State:
    Washington
    Hey first of all welcome, glad to have ya. Give it some time and I'm sure someone will come on to help you out.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I live to far away to be accurate on any pattern but I will list a start list that might help. I would use a Jerk bait(Lucky Craft or Rogue) fished with long pauses. I would use a 1/4 oz blk/blu jig and pig fished slow. Last I would use a 4" Senko blk/blu. Mix it up until the fish showed me which they preferred for that day.:0a26: :happy: :happy:

6. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    So, how did it go? Did you guys get to fish, and if so, how about a report? Oh, and did you save me any bait?? :lol:

7. litltman

litltman New Member

State:
    ------
    well well.guess what, there were only four fish caught, needless to say, we did not catch them.we left early. it was so cold when we wound up the line, ice would form around the eyes of the rod. man that was cold.I think I will go back next week and try my luck at crappy or shad fishing, report is, if you fish in snow cold weather, you will become a snowman. have a blessed day.

8. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    you mean to tell me al jones couldnt tell where they was biting at?....lol. he always told us where they was biting at and heck he would take us back to the tackle area he had and show us what to get.....lol. of coarse after a few trips to the tackle area we figured out that we already had some of them. last time i talked to him he said they was wearing em out last week. thats been about 12 years ago but the bite never changed for the 5 years before so figured they was always biting.:lol: i will say the last time i bass fished in front angels we found some grass between the islands and done real good with the bass in the grass on plum crazy colored zoom 6" worms. dont even know if there is still grass in the lakes but the day i talking about produced two 7lber for me. best day i ever had bass fishing.