Andrew's 47# BlueCat

Discussion in 'Member Braggin Area' started by BoxxerBoyDrew, Jul 1, 2007.

1. BoxxerBoyDrew

BoxxerBoyDrew New Member

State:
    Woodway, Texas
    Here are a few pics of the Fishing trip my Son and I took 12-30-2006. He caught a few big fish, but the 2 biggest were 40# and 47#!! And he is only 12Years Old!!! :cool2: He won a few awards from the Texas Parks and Wildlife department. One was the Lakes Largest by Youth, and I think the other was Texas's Largest by Youth! He is SUPER PROUD of his Catch and is now on a quest to catch a larger one this winter!

We caught the fish on Ceder Creek in Central Texas on a guided trip that he got as a Birthday/Christmas Present. The guide's name was Jack, and was a HECK of a Guy and Guide! I have his info if you are intrested. We were fishing with freash cut BlackDrum peices that were 3-4" wide, 8-10" long, and around 2" thick. We had A LOT of bites, but the smaller cats couldn't get to the hooks in the large bait. We were using 7'-8' Berkley Lightning Rods, Amb. 6500c reels, 25# Andies Green Envy Line and 30# Andies clear mono for a leader. The leaders were around 4' and were rigged standard Carloina Rigd, but we had small (2-2 1/2") ciggar floats about 2' from the bait to hold the 7/0 & 8/0 Circle hooks off of the bottom. The fish were fought around 10-15 minuts, and they PULLED ALOT of DRAG!! LOL :smile2:

Any to the pics! P.M. me if you have any questions about the guide, as he was GREAT! ( and NO we aren't related!! LOL)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]