Anderson Silva vs. Roy Jones

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by Flatheadhunter33, Mar 29, 2009.

Who's gonna win?

1. Anderson Silva

2. Roy Jones

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Anderson Silva is talking about retiring soon? Once he retires, he wants a boxing match...who do you think will win?

After my contract with the UFC ends and end my career in MMA, I intend to have a boxing match with Roy Jones. That’s something that’s already been arranged, it’s all practically a done deal. Now I just have to wait and see.

2. Mr. Foster

Mr. Foster New Member

State:
    Kansas
    If its just a boxing match, Jones should dominate. But thats just me.

3. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Im kind of thinking the same thing. Sure Roy is passed his prime but he's still one of the best boxers of our generation.

4. bw69r

bw69r Well-Known Member

State:
    West Newton, PA
    if silva thinks he can throw down with jones he has taken one to many kicks to the head.

5. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    In a pure boxing match Jones will make him his bitch.

6. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I would like to see if Silva could fight and not use dirty boxing.LOL

7. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    The guy should quit pussing out on moving up and staying in light heavyweight.... Jones is going to knock that fool silly:roll_eyes:

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Jones all the way and that may not be very far.:wink:

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    Jones should make him look stupid, I wonder if Silva can keep from trying to take him down????????????he just needs to stick to mma & fight the big boys

10. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I know nothing about Roy Jones, but he better be good if he plans to whoop the Spider. I'll be the odd man out, and put my $$$ on Anderson Silva. He's an extraordinary athelete, and accurate striker, and quite capable of knocking a guy clean out. I don't think anybody will make him look stupid.

11. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    I think it's a little bit easier for a boxer to go to mma & catch on to the sport, I don't think an mma fighter could make the transition as easily & keep himself from throwing kicks & trying to go the mat if he finds himself behind in the match, only time will tell , as they say this is already in the works, of course Tyson tried to get alot of fighters to fight him in his day also, but never happened...should be interesting...didnt Gracie try to pay someone like a million to last a minute w/him in the ring also???

12. Flatheadhunter33

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Back in the day, Helio Gracie issued a challenge to joe Louis but it was never taken...then Rickson Gracie (supposedly) issued the challenge to Mike Tyson in the 90's...Andre Arlovski is said to be a really good boxer and was supposed to have something a career getting started...but that was before his fight Fedor.

13. Little Luey

Little Luey New Member

State:
    Arizona
    I have not seen Roy Jones fight but I have heard he WAS unstopable a few years back. By the time Silva finishes his contract with the UFC and the boxing match happens it may be at least a couple more years. I don't know how old Jones is but he will be even older and remember how quickly figthers get slow and old.

I would think Silva should win that fight.

Remember that Silva is a mau-tai boxer so he is multi talented. He may just be a decen boxer and may be all he needs against an againg Roy Jones.

14. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    STRAIGHT BOXING, ROY JONES WOULD WIN

15. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    Roy seems to have lost a step or two. Can you do a spinning back fist in boxing? Roy might be in trouble.

16. FLATHEAD STEVE

FLATHEAD STEVE New Member

State:
    DESMOINES IOWA
    I spose you could do a spinning backfist in boxing but it will not do you any good while wearing "boxing gloves" LOL!!!!