Anderson newbee

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by frankl, Jan 10, 2008.

1. frankl

frankl New Member

State:
    Anderson, SC
    Hello Everyone,

I was reading up on doing some fishing for catfish and I ran into this site. You guys are a wealth of information and is great for someone looking to get started! I’ve tried a few times with marginal success. I’d like to look as some of your pics so this is my first post in an effort to get to my 10 post requirement. Question is, what times of the day (or night) do you find most productive on these lakes? Are you typically out on the water all day, regardless?

Also,
    My rig is a 14’ G3 Jon boat, 15 hp outboard rigged with Depth finder, running lights and trolling motor. Do you think this is too small for some of these big lakes?

Thanks in advance!

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Welcome to the BOC frank from Kentucky. Anytime you can be on the water is a good time. I like to fish from say 3:00 pm...to well 3:00pm. 24/7. But I guess my favorite time is late evening to midnight. Or 3:00am...to 9:00 am. I also like to follow some of the fishing charts that tell you when fish and game are most likely to be active. They don't gaurantee that you will catch anything, but they have proved to be useful to me.:cool2:

3. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    That what got me hooked.them pretty pics, being withheld,just ant right.LOL so back your ears start typing and you'll be there in no time.lots of info and good people to boot. Welcome to the boc

4. foothills

foothills New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    frankl...welcome to the b.o.c....your boat is plenty big for any lake in the anderson area and small enough to put on the rivers too...like the saluda...just on the bigger lakes you got to be aware of the weather reports cause they can get really rough in just minutes if the right storm pops up on ya...as long as they ain't callin for some major winds i would not hesitate to put your boat on any of our local lakes.

5. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Howdy-hi, Frank, we're glad to have you join our catfishin family :big_smile: And you're right, there's a ton of excellent information that can help you get on track to catchin some big'ole catfish :smile2: My suggestion to you regards your boat - always check the weather before you venture out on any water. Sometimes the wind can make things pretty dangerous & scary. Safety 1st!!

6. Big Dav

Big Dav New Member

State:
    Southwest
    Welcome tot he BOC. Be sure to check out the BOC library. http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38576

I like to fish at night and I usually do real well about an hour before dark and and hour or two after sun up. If the time of year allows it I fish all night but I have caught fish at all times of the day and night. I think location, presentation have a lot more to do with it.
    The time of year also will change things around.:big_smile:
    Thanks
    David

7. flatheadhunterx

flatheadhunterx Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome Frank, I prefer to fish at night when it isnt so hot but the cold nights this time of yr makes that kinda hard so its during the day till spring.

8. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Welcome aboard, I like to fish right after the suns sets and real early in the morning before the sun comes up.

9. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Frank, welcome to the BOC/SOC:cool2:.

10. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Frank your now talking to a man that fishes Keowee in a small rubber raft, LOL. So if yas fished their and saw some nut floating around ...it was me.

I think what you have is fine.

Welcome to the -BoC-
    Jim

11. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    Welcome to the BOC. from Arkansas.

12. curdog

curdog New Member

State:
    Sheridan, Arkansas
    Welcome to BOC!!!

13. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Welcome frank, i like fishin anytime i can get within castin distance of the water.

14. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Frank Welcome to the BOC, from So. Illinois. You will love it here.:0a25::0a25::0a22:

15. Webfoot

Webfoot New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    Welcome to the B.O.C. Frank, I like fishing in the evening just before dark into the late evening but here of late have been fishing during the day becaues I'm a wimp when it comes to the cold. Must say that I hvae gotten fish during both time periods. Like everyone says, watch the weather.
    Again welcome. :big_smile:

16. Wabash River Bear

Wabash River Bear New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Welcome to the BOC Frank. Hope you enjoy your stay.

17. rivercatsc

rivercatsc New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Frank welcome to the BOC.

18. Rebelcat16

Rebelcat16 New Member

State:
    Hickory Grove,SC
    Frank welcome to the boc

19. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Welcome, Frank. I fish daytime hours, mostly, except during summer time heat, but I've caught them at all hours. My favorite time is early morning, and again from dusk until around 10-12pm. Drifting here on santee cooper will bring bites at most any time of day or night. Good luck with your fishing. :smile2:

20. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    Welcome to the mighty BOC. Enjoy your stay.