Ande Monofilament

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by shingman6, Aug 26, 2007.

1. shingman6

shingman6 New Member

State:
    South Carolini
    Does anyone use Ande fishing line for catfishing and how do you like it?

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    Its great for leaders. I make most of mine from it. Haven't used it for main though. :big_smile:

3. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Premium salt water ande from small diamater up to 50 lb. test. Its strong, abrasion resistant, has low memory and ties strong knots. Weather I'm tournament fishing or recreational fishing it's a line I can count on to get the job done.

4. Big Sam

Big Sam Well-Known Member

State:
    Booneville AR
    Name:
    Sam
    I personaly believe it is the best mono on the market. I have used it for many years. It holds more world records than any other line.

5. JAinSC

JAinSC Active Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I used to use Ande, but now I prefer Berkeley Trilene Big Game.

6. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Ande Tournament is all I use. It's done me extremely well. All of the following was on Ande Tournament: I caught the IGFA 130 lb World Line class record blue catfish (84 lbs), The IGFA Tennessee state line class records for largemouth bass (4 & 20 lb test), smallmouth bass (4 & 20 lb test), and rainbow trout (4, 12, & 20 lb test), I've also caught a 36 & a 30 lb blue cat on their 4 lb line, and had a HUGE (I saw it a couple of times and estimated it 70-80 lbs) blue cat on for over 8 hours on the 4 lb test before I got lost in the dark and wound up in the shallows and broke it off - not the line's fault, and amazing performance after all of the times line was gained and lost and being soaked in the water that long! I have nothing but praise for it! Oh, and I've never lost a record because of line overtesting - it tests correctly.

7. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I used to use Berkeley Trilene Big Game but now I prefer Ande... :big_smile:

8. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    I will have to agree with Mr.T. I really like the Ande line. I use the 30lb test on all but one of my catfish rods and on the other I use 20# Ande. It's a great line and it shouldn't let you down ever. For some reason though I use the Big Game Leader material in 50#.

9. StormCaster

StormCaster New Member

State:
    New York
    Too much memory, but otherwise a very durable line around structures.

10. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I use Ande Premium in 20 & 30# test...I've used other lines through the years, but always go back to the Ande....I say use any of the line brands that gives you confidence and makes you feel good...Cause it can be said, "If it ain't one thang, it's another"....That's the way it is when your discussing equipment...lol.....Dwight

11. BassMassey

BassMassey Well-Known Member

State:
    Oconee
    i just bought a 1/2# spool of ande 30#.....I've never used this line before but thought i would try it out this year. just from tying a few knots with it and messin with it it seems limper then the Big Game 25# that i used to use. I've heard some on here say it has more memory then Big Game, and some say the other way around.....I haven't actually fished with it yet, but i would say big game is much stiffer then the ande line....

12. Crucial

Crucial New Member

State:
    Virginia Beach VA
    I have to agree with Aaron,
    Ande is more friendly line than BG, and all in all I would take Ande over an Trilene product.

However.. I still feel that Sufix is the best all around mono I"ve ever use.

The best line I've ever used for a catfish only situation is Maxima Chameleon. But most of my tackle has had to do "double duty" these day's so I've switched over to Sufix exclusively. Once i get back to where there are some decent catfish water (planted channels in SoCA just don't cut it) I'll go back to Chameleon on at least one of my set-ups.

13. Bacardipr05

Bacardipr05 New Member

State:
    Pennsylvan
    Im with Crucial I prefer the Sufix line. I did buy a spool of Big Game because that is all the store had. Its pretty good line (Big Game) though. Now I know of a bait store that is open year round if I need anything though.

14. Tadpole

Tadpole New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I have used Ande fishing line on and off for over 40 years and I have never had any complant with it. Ande fishing line holds more world records
    then any other line.I still use it on some of my reals. Good product.