ande mono line

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by dinkbuster1, Dec 27, 2005.

1. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    was wondering if anyone has used or tried "ande tournament" mono before and how would you rate it. i need to get some more line and i am torn between the new "big game hi test" and the "ande tournament" mono.

2. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I have not tried either one! Heck Dink go out on a limb and try some cajun red in 20 or 30 pound Test :D

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Ande is good line.
    I use it for main line most of the time in saltwater.
    Always use it for catfish leader.

4. dafin

dafin New Member

State:
    Manhattan,Kan
    I have Ande 20# pink on one reel. It is good line ,but it is a little to stiff for my liking.I use 20# big game on the rest of my reels.

5. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    Yep, stiffer then most.
    Very abrasive resistant and darn good leader material.
    I use 50 pound Ande most of the time for leader tying.
    My mainlines rarely exceed 25 pounds for any fish I go after , salt or freshwater

6. MUDHOLE KID

MUDHOLE KID New Member

State:
    Anderson,S.C.
    I've used 30lb test Ande for years and I swear by it.unless they stop making it,I'll not stop using it.They may be a better line out there ,but it won't be on my reels :D

7. sbursik

sbursik New Member

State:
    McKinney Texas
    I got a Bass Pro gift card for xmas and one of the things I ordered from them was a 1/4 pound spool of the green Ande in 20#. I never used it before but I am curious to try it. I usually use 20# Big Game and have been happy with it. I wanted some Hi-Vis though. I also ordered a line stripper that strips a 300 yard spool in 50 seconds. Cant wait to try that.

8. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I use Ande line on several of my reels and I really do like it. I like the Envy Green because its easy to see.