Ande green 40 lb

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by gearhead, Oct 24, 2007.

1. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    I bought a spool today to try, is this line any good its 40 and green?:embarassed:

2. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    jeremy, that is the only line i use, its very strong, has very low memory. ive used it for yrs. & ithink that is the only line that steve brown from catfishsafari uses, i think with the amount of fish that is put in his boat every yr. it must be very good line. i love it. should work grat for you to. rusty

3. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I think that Ande green line is Tour fishing line. The grey line is alittle more limber then the regular clear line. All Ande products are very good in my opinion.

4. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I use 40# envy green. It's never gave me a reason to say any thing bad about it. Good line IMO.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    I switched to 65 lb. power pro in late summer on the tournament rods. I still use 30 lb. ande in envy green, pink and and another shade of green. Also use 40lb. ande on the abu 7000's and 9000. As far as i'm concerned ande makes the best mono line on the market. It has low memory, ties strong knots, is extremely abrasion resistant and will put fish in the boat. I still use 50 lb. ande clear for all my leaders.

6. dinger66

dinger66 New Member

State:
    north alabama
    i use ande 50# clear for leader got to love the stuff so i guess that ups the line i use up to four types lol

7. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Thats good to know im going to put it on 6500 c3 and try it out this weekend I have been using 30 lb high vis yellow big game and 30 lb red cajun , I try them all it seems . I havent tried a 40lb in any brand of yet this will be a first I had one fish break off last friday night on the only reel that had 20lb cajun on it . I probably tried to turn him to soon and to hard, It felt nice and im going back after him. Thanks everyone

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

I haven't tried big game so i have no feed back on it, a lot of people on this site seem to like it. A lot of people swear the red cajun is good but my cousin tried some in 30 lb. on his 6500 and he swore at it real good:smile2:. Peeled it off after one trip and put ande on. I wouldn't go past 30 lb. on a 6500 but go up to 40 on the bigger reels. Run 30 on your main line and 50 lb. for leaders and you shouldn't have any problems.

9. gearhead

gearhead New Member

State:
    China Grove, NC
    Yea , 40 lbs test is a bit to big for the 6500 but its on the reel now,:after_boom: im going to leave it for now might go back to 30 lb later if I like it.

10. Douglas Foster

Douglas Foster New Member

State:
    SW Oklahoma
    I loaded my new Abu 7500 C3 with Ande 30# Backcountry this afternoon. It is a blue/clear shaded line. It feels smoother to me than the spool of Big Game 30# I've been using for leaders. I can't wait to try it out. I normally don't use line that is this large of a diameter. 50# Power Pro or 20# Solar Green Big Game are my usual go to choices. I'm hoping that the larger line doesn't kill the distance of my cast's.

11. countrycat15

countrycat15 New Member

State:
    gastiona,nc
    if you are bank fishing and having to cast long distances you will notice a change in how far you cast. the lake i fish i have to cast 100yrds and more to catch fish.

btw-i use 20 pound big game and am thinking about switching to silver thread.

12. JustinW

JustinW New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I use 20lb Ande and love it