Ande Fishing Line

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by jeffjbeard, Jun 30, 2007.

1. jeffjbeard

jeffjbeard New Member

State:
    warsaw missouri
    Who uses Andes Line I have been using 20lb Andes seems to be a good line

2. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    I have a friend that has used Andes line for years. He often braggs about it.:big_smile:

3. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    I use 50 pound premium for leader line.
    I dont care for it on a casting rod. I love it on a troller though.

4. kyjake

kyjake New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Ande has been my favorite line for over twenty years.
    Jake

5. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    I've been using 30 lb Ande Premium on my river rods for the last 8 months or so, really like it.

I bought a 2 lb spool of it at Bass Pro, which is really a lot more economical. A 1/4 lb spool is enough to fill my reel once but not enough to fill it twice, so I end up with a lot of waste. There won't be much waste from this big spool...

6. spoonfish

spoonfish New Member

State:
    Warsaw, Mo.
    I bought a couple spools of the 40# solar green the other day Jeff. I usally use trilene 40# big cat. It seems to be a good line and time will tell, but so far I've been happy with it.

7. DemolitionMan

DemolitionMan New Member

State:
    Tupelo, Mississippi
    I have a 1lb spool of 25# premium in Envy Green and a 1lb spool of braid in 80lb.....If you want a complete line of Ande, go to www.tuppensmarine.com Hope this helps....Dwight

8. catfishtonyd

catfishtonyd New Member

State:
    georgia
    I've been using 20# solar and I really like it.

9. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Ande tournament mono is all that I use now. I have set several IFGA state and world line class records, and use it because it will NOT overtest and lose a record for you. I believe most records are actually set on Ande. Just remember, it will break slightly before it reaches the stated label test, where many other lines can overtest by considerable amounts and therefore "seem" to be stronger at the same "stated" test.

10. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    after i use up all my big game line, i am going to try the ande monofilament. i also want to try their braid, i hear good stuff about it.

11. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    I use Andes for leaders only.

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Premium salt water ande from small diamater up to 50 lb. test. Its strong, abrasion resistant, has low memory and ties strong knots. Weather I'm tournament fishing or recreational fishing it's a line I can count on to get the job done.

13. rosscatman

rosscatman Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Has anyone ever used andes back country line?I want to respool my lines with andes 30lb .I fish in heavily rocky areas on the river alot and Im not sure if I would be better off with the premium or back country.

14. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR

I've always used the premium and it works great in any type setup. If you are using a 7000 or bigger reel you might want to go to 40 lb. I've never tried the back country so i can't really comment on it.

15. Tomahawk

Tomahawk New Member

State:
    NC
    I've used Ande for many years and have no complaints. Afew other lines I use that are pretty good. P-Line Evolution, Stren Hightest, saltwater line. Trilene Dura-Turf. All those lines hold up very well on big cats.