Ande fishing line. Opinions please.

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by Believer, Mar 2, 2006.

1. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    What do you guys think of this stuff? Is it any good?

Thanks!

Eric

2. RiverratSC

RiverratSC Active Member

State:
    Gaffney, SC
    I like it myself but not everybody does.

3. dinkbuster1

dinkbuster1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    i was gonna buy some this winter, mainly because it came in a bright yellow. i found out it is engineered to break right at the # rating so i went with big game instead. heard its a little stiff too.

4. okiekrawler

okiekrawler New Member

State:
    roland ,oklahoma
    i fished ande last year. its pretty good but you are correct dink. it is a little stiff.. i went to 25# big game solar this year.

5. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Ande has been around a long time and is used by a lot of folks that pursue line class records.They are coming out with a new braid soon.

6. Ulizth

Ulizth New Member

State:
    St. Clairsville, Ohio
    Ande is a good quality line. Iwas not dissappointed with it but my favorite is still big game.

7. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Like others have said ande is supposed to break at it's rated strength..I prefer a line to gover over that..Plus ande is stiff..I have been using berkly biggame for years, in 20 and 30-lbtest..I have found it to be superior to any line I have used, for my fishing needs...I just ordered a bunch of 30-lb solar green from catfish connection, I love the stuff.

8. Riverjake

Riverjake New Member

State:
    Joplin MO
    I also have found Ande to be somewhat stiff for my liking. Almost exclusivly use Big Game mono now and Power Pro braid.

9. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    All my reels have Ande 30# green I love the stuff havent had a problem with it is a little stiff but good line. You wont find BBG on my reels i hate the stuff

10. MRFLATHEAD

MRFLATHEAD Guest

i tried some ande in the bright yellow line i didnt care for it at all its stiff and coils up and had alot of problems with it .it tried the new berkley big game hi test line and had the same problems with it. i just went back to old dependable berkley big game 40# test solar green.

11. kscathunter

kscathunter New Member

State:
    Louisburg,
    Glad I'm not the only one who doesent think fondly about BBG I was feling alone here. cajun andies power pro will do for me at least for now, Im thinking of giving penn's line a try.

12. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    ande makes great line. I have not had any complaints with it or heard of any problems about it.

13. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I picked up some Ande while back at BPS that was rotten could give it a good tug and it would snap so check what ur buying

14. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    Yeah, thats kind of a problem with all fishing lines though, James. I hear that about every one that I see. Mono seems to deteriorate as it gets older, so definitley check it before you buy it.