Ande clear monofilament

Discussion in 'Fishing Line Review' started by barbel, May 6, 2006.

1. barbel

barbel New Member

State:
    Somewhere
    I was looking through my 2006 catfish connection catalog, and I saw the Ande monofilament. How does this stuff compare to the other big brands (Big Game, Cajun, Stren etc...) as far as performance. If it helps at all, I will be using 30 pound test clear on a Penn 320 LD and an American Spirit OTS Supreme rod. Any info on it would be helpful. Thanks in advance :smile2:

2. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I have used it and found it to be very good, but I really haven't found any line that is as tough as Big Game. The ande line though seems to be just as good as the big game for everything but toughness. I mean don't get me wrong, the ande is tough too, I like the orange colored Ande, it's the same as the clear but it is easier to see and really shows up great under a blacklight at night.

Also, I had a penn 320gt that I had some ande on, I was using 25lb and it cast awesome.

Zakk

3. james

james New Member

State:
    Blue Ridge texa
    I have been useing ande 30# for a while loved it but i tried suffix out man im in love. the ande is a strong line but just a little stiff for my likeing suffix is the best in my books

4. trnsmsn

trnsmsn New Member

State:
    Missouri Originally Now I
    Ande Line Is Very Popular Here In FL., Most Of The Guys That Us It Are Offshore Fisherman. I Don't Know If They Make It Here But Their Main Office/Warehouse Is About 6 Blocks From Me.

According To Their Advertisements, They Claim More International Records Set On Their Line Than Anyone Else's.

I Like & Use Sufix Siege Or Titanium Myself. There Is A local Tackle Supplier Going Out Of Buisness Here & he Has Some Of The berkley Line Everyone Is Talking About. I'll Be Able To Buy It Real Cheap So I'll Try Some Out.

Have A Good Day, Elliot

5. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Hello Travis I have used Ande mono in the past and it was good line but for my likeing it had to much memory and was just a little stiff .If im useing mono. now I use Berkley big game it hasent let me down and its just a tad cheeper. Bigcatman0816.:lol:

6. dwreel

dwreel New Member

State:
    Southern Pines, NC
    I didn't like Andie due to all the stretch in it. Way to much for me.

7. copycat

copycat New Member

State:
    New Jersey
    It's good line, I use 50# when I tie my rigs.

8. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Travis,
    I have used the salt water ande for years and wouldnt use anything else. I use 25 lb. on all my reels and 40 lb. to tie my leaders. Never had any problems with it. 777