And yet another phenomenal day on THE OHIO RIVER!!!

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Cattoo, May 12, 2006.

1. Cattoo

Cattoo New Member

State:
    caneyville,ky.
    man, i love may!!!! the blue cats were on fire again below cannelton dam. although the bite was not as hot as last week, it was still excellent! i caught 10 blues ranging from 2 pounds to 28. i kept five of the samller ones and turned the rest back. they were not biting in typical bluecat fashion today. not alot of rod pounding. alot of the bites were very subtle. several of them would just pick the bait up and swim back towards the bank. i missed about twice as many as i landed. had one nice fish hang me up in the rocks. i could feel him on there but there was nothing i could do. alot of times i will feed them some line and jerk hard and continue this till they come out. sometimes it works, and other times it doesnt. oh well, cant catch em all. i started out fishing with frozen skip and they just werent having anything to do with that so i got out my skip jack rod and got some fresh bait. caught some monster skips! anyway the fresh bait was the ticket. seems like everytime i was doing something else one of my poles would start dancing and by the time i would get to it, it would stop! i would be casting one and the other would bend. i would be in the middle of reeling in some more bait and i would get a bite! it was very frustrating but i stayed with it. generally this spot only produces from daylight til around 11:00 but i left at 2:00 today and they were still biting. overcast skies i suppose. well actually, i tried to leave around 11:00 but i kept catching fish! i almost missed out on the big one. if i had left when i had planned i would have never gotten that dude. the better fish of the day were a 28.3, 16.6 and an 11.8 pounder. not huge but not bad. oh and by the way, all the bigger fish were caught on the skip jack heads. here are some pics.

Attached Files:

2. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    God I Love The Ohio River, Ill Be There On Tuesday

3. catfishrus

catfishrus New Member

State:
    north carolina
    looks like you guys do a little rock climbing to get to your fishing hole. the blues really like the rocks here too. nice catch and sounds like fun too.

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Nice fish....I need a day out on the water like that.

5. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    congrats on the good day of fishing. thems some nice looking fish.

6. explayer

explayer New Member

State:
    Tucson AZ
    way to go thanks for sharing

7. catmancats

catmancats New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Nice catch .. wish i could find those big monster on a consistant basis

8. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Great fish...I hope to fish the Ohio one of these days.

9. AZCAT

AZCAT New Member

State:
    Arizona
    Nice! i wish we had blues out in AZ!

10. back channel

back channel Member

State:
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Excellent big blue and that is one nice mess you got.

11. SunburntAgain

SunburntAgain New Member

State:
    Tulsa, OK
    Congrats on the great fishing!