and the winner is - Blue Catfish

Discussion in 'LOCAL ARKANSAS TALK' started by tallmanrus, Feb 21, 2009.

1. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    Hey all i was told yesterday the Blue Catfish was named the Arkansas state fish ,I didnt even know we had a state fish :smile2:

2. ccat

ccat Well-Known Member

State:
    Fayetteville Ar
    Glad to hear this. Where did you learn of this?
    ccat

3. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Hi Robert.....I heard that on the news last night. But the way I took it was,,,,, the Blue Catfish lost by 1 vote,, I hope it did make it!!! First thing I'm going to do is get a new plate on my truck :wink:

4. whisker maniac

whisker maniac New Member

State:
    arkansas
    well dang cass if it lost by one vote it is because you forgot to vote on it.:crazy::eek:oooh::wink::confused2::sad2::smile2:

5. coach

coach New Member

State:
    Greenville , Ms
    wow ... a new plate for ur truck .................... at least it will be easy to read sitting on the side of the road ..................:cool2:

6. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Cassk is correct. It Lost by one vote. But, you can go to fox16.com and vote on it personally. Maybe they will put it back up for votes to make it official.

Tall is right too. We have not had a state fish before but they are looking to make one!!!

7. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    well dang im going to go vote now and order my plate :smile2:

8. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    shut up steve

9. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    it aint up for general vote its the congress thats voting and one of them even commited that he couldnt see making a bottom feeding cat as a state fish.

10. Wiscars

Wiscars New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    The blue cat had 46% with the next closest being bass , with 27% and gar last with 5% of the public opinion vote. Crappie and trout were in the teens. Just shows that the legislators are too biased and illiterate by catagorizing the Blue as a "bottom feeder". Seems like they should be better able to recognize one of their own. :smile2:Blue cats are definately Game fish and would represent Arkansas quite well. Our legislators have never listened to the publics' opinions ; why would they start now!:wink: P.S. If the Blue gets the final nod then that makes us,the BOC, the official "state fish "organization.:cool2:

11. cassk

cassk New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    The side of the road is a good idea Coach, but I was thinkin easier to find in the Walmart parking lot!!!! :wink:

12. catslammer

catslammer New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    I think the catfish is the only fish for Arkansas!!!!!!

13. ridgerunner2

ridgerunner2 New Member

State:
    arkansas
    I think the poly-wog should be our state fish.

14. ridgerunner2

ridgerunner2 New Member

State:
    arkansas
    anybody been fishin in the river iv been fishen a lot of lakes and bays een catchen a few but nothing to brag about just wondering if anybody is catchen anything

15. ridgerunner2

ridgerunner2 New Member

State:
    arkansas
    is anybody doin any fishen ive been fishin some little lakes and bays and finially started catchen some fish just wondering if its still to cold or what

16. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    to cold for catfishing -ha -never :smile2: me and another member fished jan 1st and i think it was 27 deg,when we got on the water ,ummmm but no fish. went to a spot i like on the arkansas river here last thursday and got 3 blues with the best being 11 lbs . there there and they got to eat sometime

17. cyclopsdrew

cyclopsdrew New Member

State:
    arkansas
    well boys i went out again yesterdAY AND GOT SKUNKED HAD ONE BITE ALL DAY . they werent running any water below morray so just wasnt a good day . Im going again at least one day next week if anyone wants to hook up and head out with me drop me a line we'll try and get some good ones.:smile2:

18. tallmanrus

tallmanrus New Member

State:
    arkansas
    i know andrew, i was up there yesterday nothing ,not even a bight

19. ridgerunner2

ridgerunner2 New Member

State:
    arkansas
    wow thats kinda cool i didnt know anything about a state fish. Sorry i didnt itroduce myself. My name is jeremy and im from eldorado ar. I just started getting into really hard fishing. Ive lived 8miles from the ouachita for 26yrs. Just never really did a whole lot of fishing.

20. cj7

cj7 New Member

State:
    AR
    welcome to the BOC jeremy we did real well yesterday on the red river in doddridge