Ancient virus, annual attack

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by EricM, Jan 28, 2008.

1. EricM

EricM Active Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Judging from some of the threads and posts lately, it appears the members of the BOC have once again contracted that dreaded winter disease-----Cabin Fever!!! And although I have not shown it badly here on the forum, my wife is acutely aware of it's latest manifestation. Since the boat went to the hospital (no prognosis yet) I have taken out every bit of fishing-related STUFF that I own (or have borrowed over the years) and have cleaned, oiled, greased, adjusted, and repaired anything that moves; and have sharpened, replaced hooks, polished, and sorted something approaching a zillion lures - most of which haven't been looked at, much less touched, since the last case of cabin fever. 8/0 circle hooks have been separated from #8 bluegill hooks, and 50 pounds of unassorted sinkers have been assorted. The crappie, panfish, and trout flies no longer resemble the giant dust bunny under the bed. Purple culprit worms no longer occupy the same space as the chartreuse panfish asassins. Spools of line from 2# to 130# have been collected and used to fill reels that will likely suffer disuse for another year. Mrs. EricM knew it was serious when she caught me using the silver polish on the Silver Minnows (it works), running skipjack flavored (and scented) cutting boards and knives through the dishwasher, and washing spare clothing and towels that have been collecting mildew in one of the boat's drywells. Even the occasional dried-up shad and shiner has been hunted down in the nook or cranny they seem to be able to find. And now I'm BORED......... maybe I'll start a new post......

2. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    You mean that stuff can be cleaned, repaired, and used another year???

Kat in the hat has some explaining to do!!! He had me convinced that he needed ALL NEW stuff!:angry::wink:

3. catfishcrazy256

catfishcrazy256 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    sounds like u are board !!! :smile2:

4. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey Eric. if you are that bored then you can come here and oil, clean, polish all of my gear, sharpen my hooks, spool my reels up with new line and make sure i am ready to go for the spring. i figured i would offer seeing as how you are really bored. :wink:

5. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    WHAAAAT??? I do need all new suff!:big_smile_2: My fishin' poles are totally inadequate for catching hawgs.:sad2: I have one decent river pole, but the others are just bass rods that I rig for cats. If and when I do actually hook into a monster, all I will be able to do is wave bye, bye. This has been weighing heavy on my mind because big cats on rod and reel are gonna be a priority SOON. Anybody can catch them on a trotline, but catching them on R&R is what sets the true fishermen apart...right? The next monster that I post on here will be caught on R&R or I'm not posting anything about it.

6. poisonpits

poisonpits Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    arkansas
    Name:
    johnnie
    eric if you realy just looking for something to keep you busy i can help.i have 3 penn 209s that need cleaning,oiling.and the worm gear and pawl replaced.i would be willing to pay shiping and a small repair bill if you want the job.:big_smile:

7. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    ya i need to clean and lube some of my abus too. re spool and get geared up. boat needs a few major parts. head gasket and water pump impellor and housing. need to get my part that is compiled of the back part of my two legs off this chair and get em ordered and fixed. spring is coming and i aint ready.:angry:

8. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Hey Joey, when he gets done with that maybe he can get that booger out of your nose! lol :crazy::eek:oooh::smile2::smile2::smile2:

9. Scott Daw

Scott Daw New Member

State:
    Allentown, Pennsylvania
    I was wondering why Im starting to feel a bit under the weather. Now that deer season has finally closed and I dont have my 2008 fishing license yet. All I can think of is what spots might be good right now at the lake and some post season scouting in a new sweat spot I discovered.

10. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Good gravy Eric, as much as you have been on the water, I bet you do have cabin fever. You should have gotten Spurhunter to come by and give ya a hand sprucing all your stuff up, with his boat down he needs something to do. Man when you do get back out there the cats had better watch out with all this stored up energy you will have. I see you had to make an emergency run to the Sportsman Warehouse, your truck must have been on automatic pilot.LOL

11. SSgt Fishslayer

SSgt Fishslayer New Member

State:
    south carolina
    hey there netman. as you can clearly see there are no boogers in my nose and the hairs that are in there are all trimmed to regulation. thats why i hold my head high, so that everyone can tell i take pride in my apperance, all the way do to my nose hairs. lol