Anchors for those tired of loosing them

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by Team Hold EM Hook, Apr 17, 2008.

1. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Seen a guy in need of these on here and hope it helps
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I think I got enough scrap metal around to make one or two of those things. lOL Thanks for sharing, especially as a picture is worth a thousand words.

3. noj77

noj77 Member

State:
    Saint Peters, M
    How much does your anchor weigh? Does it hold in fairly swift current? I like the break-away aspect.

4. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    My version... (lead filled)

Attached Files:

5. Team Hold EM Hook

Team Hold EM Hook New Member

State:
    al
    Sorry for the delay:crazy:
    As long as there is something on the bottom to hang on they will hold they work pretty well also in a soft muddy bottom. The weight of this anchor is at most 15lbs. We tried all diffrent types of string,small rope to tie the chain to the top of the anchor and found that the zip ties work best and last longer. You can go to a small twine but if it don't break just get straight over it and tie to the cleat and use the boat to purswade(sp) it some. Use re-bar for the claw and most of the time they can be bent. Heck you could even sharpen them and fish some big baits LOL. As for current, they held my boat behind Wheeler dam in the tailrace w/ a 54 pulling against it LOL These 2 I have here were made from a $300 a piece chevrolet axle that went bad

6. montgomery#1

montgomery#1 New Member

State:
    ogden utah
    Im gonna build a couple this weekend.
    :cool2:

7. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Here is my version of the anchor.

Its a window weight welded to a piece of pipe with 1/2 " holes drilled for the rerod.
    The end of the pipe is welded shut with a fender washer and an eye bolt allowed to turn. I'm not sure the turning eye bolt is such a good idea because by the time it needs to turn it will probably be stuck

8. justwannano

justwannano Active Member

State:
    SE Iowa
    Well I hope its here

have a good one
    just

Attached Files:

9. Brentkeele

Brentkeele New Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    I think I have all the stuff around to make me a coupla those. pretty cool, thanks for sharing guys!:cool2:

10. aggiecat

aggiecat New Member

State:
    texas
    When i fish an area that there is a good probability of loosing and anchor, i use as old rotor. Most oll brake places have tons of them laying around. If you loose it, you have not lost much. You can easily bolt rebar to the holes in the rotor.