anchoring help

Discussion in 'Boating' started by BIG_D, Nov 19, 2009.

1. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    need some advice on anchoring
    in my little boat when Heather is with me witch will be most of the time she will be anchor girl but i want to make it easy as i can on her and not spend a pile of moola at the same time so sling your idea my way i got a extra wench but dont see it holding all the line i will need.

2. playin4funami

playin4funami New Member

State:
    Saronville Ne.
    If I were you I wouldn't tell her about the extra wench!:smile2::smile2::smile2:

I think you meant winch,but if trained right they'll both pull an anchor,lol.

I would justuse the old standby rope and anchor,drop the rear anchor motor forward a ways,drop the front anchor,back up between the two and tie off to them,how deep of water you trying to anchor in?

3. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    I don't know if this what you are asking but maybe it will help, I use a electrical cord reel to store my rope.I bought from Home Deopt for 7or8 dollars,there a couple of different styles I use the one has something like an A frame built around the reel with a crank handle in the middle. It will hold 150 foot of 3/8 inch in diameter rope. Maybe this helps.:006:

4. catman-j

catman-j New Member

State:
    Eastern Nebr
    I didn't get my wife out in my new boat yet but I hope to teach her about tying knots and dropping anchor. I also need to teach her to park the car and trailer without hitting anything or backing the boat off the trailer while I back in then go park. She seems quit intimidated by boat duties.

5. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i think i figured out what to do about my anchor lifting prob i found a web site that has those anchor lift balls for $51.00 i think thats my fix my back wont let me do much lifting and i hate for Heather to have to pull at a anchor so i think the ball is probly my best fix

6. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
    Dallas,

I used one of the Anchor Retrieval Buoy's for the first time several weeks ago, and I cannot believe the difference it makes! They are absolutely great! No doubt, the best $60 I spent! :big_smile: You will not be disappointed!

7. yellingrebel78

yellingrebel78 New Member

State:
    georgia
    man if you put $30 more with it you can get a anchor mate not the electric put the manual ones all she got to do is crank it like a winch and when you release it just turn a button no tieing or nothing