Anchor storage/drift bucket

Discussion in 'Boating' started by beakus, Mar 11, 2007.

1. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    just goes to show how slow i am getting,ive been thinking of how to store everything in the boat,also i liked the post on the bucket drift sock and it finally hit me.most guys seem to be useing a milk crate to store there anchors in,why not make a few drift buckets with holes in the bottom and then use them to store your anchor and rope in,there not good for anything else with a bunch of holes in the bottom.

2. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    good idea.
    i have been putting ancor under the seat, thats not really inconvienent but it will keep the bucket still

3. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    1 question, whatcha gonna do with the anchor when using the drift bucket?

4. GMC FishHauler

GMC FishHauler New Member

State:
    Waco, Texas, Un
    set it outta the way?
    i dunno, just puttin that out there.
    i think that it would take up just as much room on the ground as in a milk crate. But i am partial to keeping the floors of my boat clear. I hate to have a bunch of stuff out on the deck.

5. beakus

beakus New Member

State:
    derby kansas
    trip over it like i do the rest of the time.naw i've been looking the web and found a place that sells hatches and found one on sell for 35.00for a 10x16 appx. thinking about putting it in the very front of the jon platform and cutting a notch in the lid to let the rope run threw.