Anchor Retrival systems

Discussion in 'Boat Tips' started by truck, Feb 15, 2006.

1. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    To start with I have one and never tried to use it much till last weekend at T.F & camp.It worked GREAT:) I have a ? for those with them.Has anyone ever lost an anchor using it,and if you did was the ars lost also?just wondering.Daryl

2. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    my anchor retrieval system is hand over hand. Not sure what yer talking bout here. Johnny 5 needs more input!

3. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    The attachment shows the one I have.

Attached Files:

4. ears

ears New Member

State:
    *Required*
    I have had to cut my anchor line before the ball will float away, you can just chase it down. They are the only way to go on bigger boats/anchors.

5. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    My anchor is homemade by another member. It weighs 25 lbs and will wear Dodgeman's arms out in a half day. LOL My anchor is made so that if it gets hung up the "legs" will bend out and release it. I've had it hung up pretty good, but have managed so far to pull it loose. I have the other type of anchor retrival system and it works great in my opinion. Sure saves on the back. If you ever do loose the clevis or ring that's on yours take a look at the other type, it attaches to the bouy and I just don't see how it could get loose no matter what happens to the anchor itself. Costs about 15 bucks for just the clevis and you already have the bouy. Just a thought.

6. billyl

billyl New Member

State:
    TN
    After fishing with BAM this weekend at the TN fish and camp, I just ordered one for my boat. The one I got was from Ironwood Pacific Inc., called the anchorlift. It was around $45 for the entire system minus the rope. I believe this system might be worth it's weight in gold compared to all the work it has been taking me using the hand over hand method.

7. oldprowler

oldprowler New Member

State:
    Mannford, Oklahoma
    I have one exactly like yours -- I would not be without one again. I have never lost an anchor or line. I cannot imagine how anyone could lose the ARS. Even though it might not be connected to the boat it certainly is not lost.

8. photocat

photocat New Member

State:
    HOCO, Maryland
    isn't the definition of an anchor lift system telling your fishing buddy to pull up the anchor?

9. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    LOL thats what I though one was lol. I am not to sure I would have much of a use for something like that. I will admit it is interesting to say the least.

10. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma

That's pretty much how we do it. Heck, that's one of the reasons I had to get my own boat.

11. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    That's why i take wife along she's the anchor retriever and so far has not lost and anchor yet.. gives her a good work out though.. we are using a house boat anchor to hold a 16' tracker.. i won't mess with her too much..

12. Doctor

Doctor Member

State:
    Springfield, Ohio
    Dang truck,

You had that unit for over a year and your just now using it, I for one must admit that was the best purchase I have ever made for the boat, people thought I was nuts when they saw me dragging this big yellow ball behind the boat and I have had that anchor hung in some real bad stuff but have always gotten it back, if the rope gets cut the ARS should surface, instructions said to put a knot on the tail end of the rope in case you have to unhook then the ball will come to the knot and stop, mine uses the assembly and not the ring type that you have pictured...........Doc

13. BAM

BAM New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    My anchor weighs 22-23 lbs, and built like Whistler's, been using the ancorlift over a year and never lost the anchor. Couple of times had to pull hard before it let go. The anchor lift is a life saver if you fish alone and move often.