Anchor or drifting

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by countryboy79, Jan 18, 2010.

1. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    As some of yall know I'am new at this winter time catfishing so i was wondering what works best for yall anchoring down or drift fishing ????

2. BigBird

BigBird New Member

State:
    Charlotte, NC
    The Carolina Catfish Club had three tournament series one in october, one in November and one in Dec. The results suggest in fall anchoring and drifting are about equal. In the Dec tournament the results suggest that the big fish came from anchoring. On a day where the water was high and muddy and a bit in a non-agressive mode the big fish wanted the anchored baits.
    If they are biting aggressivelly i dont think it matters but when not i think anchored is best.

3. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    Thanks for the help bigbird !!! I guess everybody else on this catfish web site is to busy looking at the football threads.... Maybe i can use a football for a catfish cork .....

4. Branj796

Branj796 Member

State:
    Illinois
    I like to drift real slow and find aggresive fish. Then I anchor around where I caught the fish and see what happens.

5. o'boro cat hunter

o'boro cat hunter New Member

State:
    kentucky
    I like to anchor in the fall and winter,drift in spring and summer.Never tried difting in the winter to much is it a good ideal???I mainly fish the Ohio.

6. RockyS

RockyS New Member

State:
    Conyers, Ga
    In my little experiance I have better luck anchored vs drifting or trolling very slowly. Ive caught em both ways however the anchored fish seem to average bigger.

7. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    That sounds like a real good idea,, Do you do that in the winter time too????