Anchor ball

Discussion in 'LOCAL MISSOURI TALK' started by Mo.Hick, Jan 12, 2010.

1. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Where can you buy the acchor ball or what company makes them so I can look on line at them?

Tom

2. Catfishhunter

Catfishhunter New Member

State:
    Lanesville, In.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2010

3. mr. baker

mr. baker New Member

State:
    Missouri
  4. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    Steve carries them at Catfish Safari also if you are near Warsaw or want to mail-order it from him. He carries the good ones from Ironwood Pacific.

5. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Thanks for the quick responses. I have been in boats with them and I want one.

Tom

6. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    I knew that Steve carries them. But I will buy somewhere else. Thanks anyway Skipeye.

Tom

7. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tom, I just bought one last week! I also have the one from Ironwood Pacific, super high quality product. Make sure to get the one with the plastic insert, not the metal ring. Also, they told me to get the mid size for my anchor even though its only 25 pounds, the mid size is rated for 60 pounds but they said better to have more buoy than not enough. Also, I called Steve and he was out of stock, was going to buy there to avoid shipping. Here's another link: http://www.ironwoodpacific.com/products/anchoring_mooring/anchorlift.htm

Last edited: Jan 12, 2010
  8. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Tom
    how do they work? I have seen the anchor ball but never seen how they work

9. Catfish Pursuit

Catfish Pursuit New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Click on the link I posted, they have a link to a video of the anchor lift in action. Chris

10. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Bill they work great. After using on I dont want to be without one. Easy to use and you dont wear yourself out trying to pull a heavy anchor up. Expecially if you have to move a lot trying to find fish.

Tom

11. DWB

DWB Member

State:
    Missouri
    You'll love it. I bought mine at Cabela's. It lifts my 35# anchor with no effort.

12. duckalot

duckalot Well-Known Member

State:
    Missouri
    I have one on my wish list also Tom. They only had one in stock at Cableas when i was there (KCK) on Sat. It looked like the small one with the metal ring. They did have the plastic sleeve,but it was sold separately. Not sure on the price, I'm trying to save money for a Side Imaging or a Structure Scan unit and going to Cableas was a bad Ideal. I did buy a Insulated Gortex Guide Wear Jacket on Clearance.
    Not trying to turn this into a Cabeals advertisement but if anyone is interested there Guide Wear parkas and Jackets are half price. Some Insulated,some not. Sizes are pretty limited. They had several Mediums and a lot of 3x and up. I found a Insulated 2x (Red, Not what I wanted) for $122.00 reg price was $249.00.

13. catfishbill33

catfishbill33 New Member

State:
    Clarksville, TN
    Thanks Chris
    Just after I ask the Q> I saw the link
    thanks much

14. SmokinBarrel

SmokinBarrel New Member

State:
    St. Louis, MO
  15. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    hey dad ill make yu a deal. you buy me a boat and ill buy you an anchor ball, any size you want

16. catfishscotty

catfishscotty Well-Known Member

State:
    mo
    hey adam shoot ozman ( herb) a pm he has a boat for sale I think its like your dads with a 50 horse motor ..

troy ( spoonfish ) was nice enough to let me use his for awhile I fell in love with it !!!!! man they make moving and pulling up anchor a breeze so we ended up buying it from hinm !!!!

way too cool troy thanks bro !!!!

its really nice when fishing by yourself also no matter how hard the current it you back will never get tired again ....

17. adam1886

adam1886 New Member

State:
    higginsville,missouri
    scotty, my truck is paid off in a year and a half and ill be lookin for about a 20ft SeaArk. i'd like to see one of these anchor balls in action. i know my arms get worn out after hauling in the anchor a few times

18. Mo.Hick

Mo.Hick Active Member

State:
    Madison Mo.
    Hey duckalot dont worry about turning this into a cabelas sale pitch. It is good to know that they are having some good deals. Adam I though you would just be nice enough to buy me one out of kindness.

Tom (dad)

19. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    The anchor ball works and works well grasshoppers. The fun ride starts at about 10 mph pulling up the anchor and you discover the anchor is stuck.

20. opposum

opposum Active Member

State:
    Missouri
    That doesn't sound very fun if you ask me. I can almost picture it now.