Anacoco creek

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by thenightstalker, Jun 24, 2007.

1. thenightstalker

thenightstalker New Member

State:
    indiana
    i caught my first louisiana catfish today. very small channel. hooked into something very big. lots of snags. so i set the brake. and thats what happened. BREAK... 40lb snapped like it was nothing. sounded like a 22 going off. caught a turtle too. big diamond terripin. big snake was on my little cat, so i let him have it. didnt wanna bring just one home. very humid, with lotsa spiders/ water level was low. and found some quick sand. over all it was a great learning and exploring experience

2. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I fished Anacoco (sp) quite a lot when the kids were growing up - about 30 years ago now. Never forget the time we were in the 14' jon boat and a 15' alligator swam by. Brrrrrr

3. TOPS

TOPS New Member

State:
    Cabot,Arkansas
    I fished that Lake when I stationed at Ft. Polk back in the 70's

4. Prowler

Prowler New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Anacoco and Vernon are great little lakes, for catfishing and much other stuff. I grew up on Vernon lake. When the Cherry tree's / Redbuds are starting to bloom in early spring head for the creek that run's between em! Fish the deep holes for crappie & channel cats and keep a stout rod with a live bluegill on in the deepest section of the whole.. I have pulled many 20-30 flatheads out of there!