An upgrade for my boy

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by doughboy, Sep 15, 2006.

1. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    Well I have been telling my son for two weeks now that I was going to buy him a baitcaster. So today I picked him up from school and we went down to our local bait shop to pick it out. He has been taking one of mine out into the field behind the house and practing with it for about two months now, and I believe he can cast it better than the ole man but I am not going to tell him that though.:embarassed: Well I let him pick out what he wanted and I think he made a good choice with the Abu Garcia 6500C3 and as soon as we got home he got out the line and was ready to spool it up. I put it on a 7ft Penn Slammer rod with Berkly big game solar green 30 lb test line . I sure hope he has alot of great fishing with it.

2. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Best of luck to you and your son on many more adventures with the new rig! Great reel choice!

3. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    Tell your son congrat on his new rig don`t get upset When he starts laying it on you :haha:

4. coltsfan

coltsfan New Member

State:
    ohio
    sounds like your little fishing buddy is all set up to go fishing.sounds like a nice rig

5. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Brian, that's great, buddy. He made a good choice, too.

6. jailcop2

jailcop2 New Member

State:
    iowa
    Sounds like a good deal , I bet he thinks he's really up there with the big guy's .

7. RiverKing

RiverKing Active Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    My first catfishing reel was a 6500 too, He should like that set up...I remember I put mine on a Berkely reflex rod

8. thomcat

thomcat New Member

State:
    pennsylvania 17745
    COOL, HOPE HE HAS NOTHIN BUT GOOD LUCK ON IT, tell him congrats on the new rod...

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

Alright, do you wanna adopt me? I don't each much, yeah right, and I would even help you fish everyday. lol

10. Matthew72

Matthew72 New Member

State:
    Cobden Il.
    Congrats to your son. What was he using before the upgrade? Did he catch some good ones with that set up?

11. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    That is a great choice.. You did good
    I use the same every time I fish

12. truckin4x4

truckin4x4 New Member

State:
    columbus, Ohio
    now thats what being a good dads is all about.

13. nitro

nitro New Member

State:
    Dover, TN
    Way to go dad, nice rig. I hope you two make many great memories together. I sure miss the days of fishing and hunting with first, my dad, then later, my son. You can go home, but you can't go back.

14. doughboy

doughboy New Member

State:
    newcomerstown,ohio
    before he used a spin cast rhino rod and reel and a Okuma Fin Chaser and a shakespeare catfish rod and reel. He has a personal best of 44lb flathead whish is like 10lbs bigger than my pb and he is only 9 years old so he has been showing up old dad for a year now

15. maddcatter

maddcatter New Member

State:
    Newark, Oh
    Now you made it easier for him to show you up.

16. buddah

buddah New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania Wi
    All right! better watch out now..You my have a master angler on your boat now! LOL Tell him Congrats on the new rig! Sounds like he knows his stuff too! Learned from the best I suppose!