An update for those that know about this

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by ryang, Jul 28, 2009.

1. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Last year my Bro in Law and Sis in Law were attacked and BIL was killed. Well today we had the sentencing trial for the scum that did this and he got 54 years to life. Its pretty sad when you can kill someone and not get life without parole.

http://www.catfish1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=89427

2. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary

3. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Hope he gets Bubba for a bunkmate:angry: Stay safe!!!

4. fishinfreak19D

fishinfreak19D New Member

State:
    Pittston, PA
    i think he got too easy of a sentance, a man like that deserves no leniency. i hope he gets a real "friendly" cellmate.

5. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I remember Gary. I believe an eye for and eye, but i'm not the judge.

6. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    Remember that story.Good they caught him and he did get 54 to life .Really dought that anyone will mess with him there though.After all he did kill someone and those guys in there seem to look up to someone like that.Sort of put them on a pedestal you know.Or just plain afraid of them cause they know their not afraid to kill again.
    At least your family got some sort of closer in this.How is your sister doing ?
    God Bless!!

7. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    The family is doing better, we decided to accept the plea because we didnt want any of the daughters going up on the stand.

8. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    What ever happened to and eye for an eye. Glad he is behind bars, thats not ever close to what he deserves.

9. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    Doesnt exist, in all reality the victims have less rights than the accused when its open and shut case. The prosecutors were right tho they said that getting the Death penalty would be next to impossible and it would have been.

10. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    even though the court didnt give him all he deserved, he still has to answer to the guy upstairs

11. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Gary I had read this I believe yesterday in the columbus dispatch an some other newspapers online. What a tragedy. Hope everyone is getting along ok now an can finally move on since this guy was caught an now will be sent away basically the rest of his life. When someone knows a person has prescriptions the damned druggies will do most anything to get them. I surely hate hear these kind of things an no one deserves to die over it. God bless to all.

12. bodach

bodach New Member

State:
    KS Emporia
    Im sorry for your family My wife's ex BiL got killed last year but they haven't caught the people responsible.

13. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    It's a tragedy for sure here is another link on this hxxp://wbns10tv.com/live/content/local/stories/2009/07/28/story_sentencing.html?sid=102 I took the http an changed it to hxxp so you will need to change that.

14. seahaggy

seahaggy New Member

State:
    kentucky
    The justice system in this country is ???? i don't even know the words i can say.Someone kills another and gets that kind of sentence.A friend of mine got caught growing marijuana and now does life in prison with no parole.

15. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    My other brother in law brought up during his testimony about Madof getting 150 years for stealing money yet we have to fight for life without parole for killing someone.

16. jmanion8

jmanion8 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Continued prayers with your family.

17. SWeiss

SWeiss New Member

State:
    Pennsylvania
    Gary,

I am new here and had to read the original post you made last year to make sense of it all, if that's possible.

My thought and condolences go out to you man. I am so sorry for your loss.

18. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    It don't seem right, but consider he will be 72 years old when he gets out if he lives that long. He probably won't have any job skills and won't be eligible for social security. A death sentence don't mean he will be put to death anytime soon. At least he was caught and got to trial. Hope the family can get over this.

19. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Sorry for you loss. Thanks Gary for the update:wink:

20. ryang

ryang Well-Known Member

State:
    Blacklick, Ohio
    Name:
    Gary
    82-83 bro LOL if he makes it that long which I doubt.:wink: