An open apology to MrT, Darryl, and the entire BOC

Discussion in 'MISSOURI RIVERS TALK' started by cheapNdisgusting, Oct 13, 2007.

1. cheapNdisgusting

cheapNdisgusting Well-Known Member Supporting Member Supporting Member

State:
    Zalma Mo.
    Name:
    Russ
    :embarassed:I'm a "new guy" to the BOC. I came here to learn, read, enjoy the stories and experiences of everyone. I did not come to stir up any hard feelings or create any problems with anyone.

My first post was inquiring about catching a few annoying gar. The response was very positive and I learned a lot. Thanks to all.

My second was wondering what a Sabiki rig was. Again, the response was very good, and again, I learned a lot. There was one nagging loose end in the whole thread, and this was the legality of the Sabiki.

When in doubt - go to the source. I contacted the "local game warden" and asked for help understanding the wildlife code in this particular instance.

In order to try to HELP in my own small way, I posted the results of my search for an answer, thinking it would be recieved in the same manner in which it was written. The game warden understood what I was asking and answered in the same manner.

By being "the new guy" and not knowing all the ways of this forum, I apparently stepped on some toes by not wording things like a Boston lawyer and not going to the Supreme court to get my answer. I felt I was doing the right thing and in my own mind, still do. I apparently took some "less than positive replies" personally, and replied in like manner.

For my responses, I APOLOGISE TO EVERY ONE and hope you will accept it in the manner it is given.

I do not expect or want any replies to this thread and will be more careful in the future. No hard feelings on my part.:big_smile:

2. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    the hardest thing for most people to do is to give that.. i'm sure the brotherhood will embrace and except you still...lol.. j/k... we all make mistakes and regret life choices day to day.. you will be alright, keep posting brother...rollo

3. theonecatfishbob

theonecatfishbob New Member

State:
    Wright City, Missouri
    Hey I dont see where you did anything you need to apologize for. You posted an answer from an official. That was cool with me and I appreciate that you took the trouble to research the topic before you posted. Good job in my book.

4. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    What Bob said. I found it interesting.

5. Michael Jake

Michael Jake New Member

State:
    Troy, Missouri
    Russell, bringing topics to the table is what the BOC is all about. It’s the best site around that provides a platform to learn and share from each others experience. The vast amount of folks that participate also brings many personality and character traits that will at sometime or another be taken offence at. The internet has no personality so when you meet the folks here in person you see the person, your perception of how they present themselves online is often very different. I’ve found the folks here are down to earth and we all share a love for cat fishing. Yes, you’ll see some wrestling going on, then more often than not later hear about how their fishing trip went together. The ones who stay offended become spectators and we lose their contributions that to me is the heart of the BOC, the new stuff that answers our questions. People will be people, here we can grow in our information, get together like what is happening now in the St. Louis area and share in a common passion. I appreciate all that is brought to the table and will be in contact with our local conservation agent about this matter. Bringing awareness to the forefront is the beginning of what makes changes if need be to in our wildlife code. Let’s keep our table fresh with contributions. Hang in there Russell, we are so very much like a big family, the part of keeping it working together as a family can be a challenge.

6. dougc

dougc Active Member

State:
    Independen
    Whoa-screw them bastages, they probably deserved it anyway! If they can't take it, they shouldn't be here. Take every thing with a grain of salt.

(If you meet some of them, you'll understand!)

7. Mark R.

Mark R. New Member

State:
    Rush Springs, OK
    Bob pretty well summed it up.
    Welcome to the BOC!!!
    Thanks,
    Mark

8. Mr.T

Mr.T New Member

State:
    MO
    There's nothing you need to apologize for -- you posted some information, I *tried* (apparently in vain...) to help clarify it a bit, using the actual wording of the regs, and things seem to have gone wildly out of control shortly afterward, driven mostly by one or two people who always seem to have an axe to grind with me...

For the record, there's nothing you've posted that I found offensive, rude or even mildly irritating. If the reverse isn't true, I offer you my apologies - I try to offer solid, fact-based information here as much as I can but sometimes my words get in the way... :roll_eyes:

9. crazy

crazy New Member

State:
    Kansas CIty, MO
    I don't think anyone knows the way of this forum. The only thing you need to know is. Some people fish and some just talk about going fishing. Once you figure out who does what, then your set.

10. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    When I first joined the BOC I learned real quick that, and I quote:
    "YOU CANNOT PLEASE ALL OF THE PEOPLE ALL OF THE TIME!"
    I hope this helps you. :wink:
    Fraternally and Sincerely,
    Coyote1
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

11. SkipEye

SkipEye Well-Known Member

State:
    Winfield, MO
    Name:
    Darryl
    I'm confused Russell. No one was offended or ridiculed you for your post????????

It is an issue that needs clarification.

For my part I just pointed out that I thought you might have asked the wrong question and therefore not received a reliable or correct answer. I still have no clue why that offended you.

It's not a big deal. geez!

Forgive me for responding and also trying to add something 'useful'.:confused2:

I'll stay out of it.

12. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Russell, As a new member I think one thing you learned is all the Missouri boys are a pretty spirited and opinionated bunch. They take their fishing serious as well as their regulations. They are all good people and want the same end result. None of them mean anything by the way they post a reply and for the most part are trying to help. Apology unnecessary JMHO.

13. Malichi1970

Malichi1970 New Member

State:
    Fenton, Missouri
    Yep, Johnnie pretty much hit the nail on the head!

14. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    DO NOT SWEAT THE SMALL THINGS IN LIFE....I HAVE ALREDY BEEN TOLD :eek:oooh:TO GET A LIFE AND HAD QUESTIONS ABOUT WEATHER MY TOES ARE FROM ARKANSAW OR IOWA

15. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Russell, buddy, RELAX BRO!!! NEVER APOLOGIZE FOR WRITING YOUR THOUGHTS AND OPINIONS!!

You did nothing wrong so theres nothing to apologize for! I'm goin have to nominate you for the sensativity award!:smile::happy:

16. fishhead

fishhead New Member

State:
    KC Missouri
    Welcome aboard Russell.Dont forget to check out the hi area.You will see that they go easy on you here.Over there they get mad and want to see your picture and everything.:big_smile::big_smile:

17. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    You said what you meant and meant what you said. Enough said. They said what they meant and meant what they said. Enough said. Apologies, if you meant what you said and it is the truth, are then good only for old ladies and somebody who is small statured like me, unless you can run good. Really, they like it. Keeps 'em out of bars.