An interesting day at work

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Boomer, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Boomer

Boomer New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Taliban 0
    US 1

I have been up the Muqor district 2 times, the first time they mortared us while we were on site a the police station, I didnt get to complete my work there, so again today, I went back up to install some more equipment and finish up what I had left to do there. I got it all complete this time, and there was a report that the Taliban were seen in the area we would be driving back thru on the way back to the FOB.

Well to make a long story short, we made it 1/2 way back, and the mortars again started dropping in and small arms fire, the US boys fired em up, killing one and injuring another one.

I am beginning to believe those guys have something against me personally, because before they had no problems in that area until I went up there the first time, and they had none before I went back up there the second time. So it must be they just dont like me.......:smile2:

2. Dirtdobber

Dirtdobber Guest Staff Member

State:
    Vian Okla
    Thank you for your service. Keep your head down.

3. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    just keep up the good work an be safe all of u .god bless an keep yall safe ,to come home to family & friends

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Glad you are ok,Sounds like they don't like what you're trying to do to help em out:wink: Just be carefull and get back home to OK in great shape Gary.

5. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    Rough work,,, Appreciate your service,,,Thank you.

I really needed to hear that,, I thought I had a bad week,, but, no one was shooting at me.

Take care, come home safe. absolutely, my heartfelt gratitude to what you and so many others are doing.

6. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Boomer stay safe and strong. You have people praying for your safe return. Appreciated all you do for your country.

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thankx for your service Boomer. Remember bob and weave
    stay safe.
    smokey

8. tnvol

tnvol New Member

State:
    Clarksvill
    Hang in there bud.

9. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Stay safe and get back home safe and sound as quickly as you can. Thank you so much for your service to our Country, May God BLESS YOU,AND COMFORT YOUR LOVED ONES WHILE YOU ARE AWAY.:smile2:

10. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    same here, Boomer. what everyone else is saying...be safe and come home in one piece.