An Inspiration To Fish By!!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by catfishrollo, Aug 9, 2009.

1. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I would like to share alittle outting with all of you. Yesterday I went to Dillon lake to catch some bait. I first went to the spillway to thrownet shad. After that I came back over the dam to the lake side. As I made my way down the road and heading towards the big dump rock below, I noticed a man fishing below. I didn't pay much attention at first, but as he walked the bank cast after cast. I saw he had a crutch under one arm. I thought," Man this guy is dedicated, to have a broken foot etc. and be walking on this uneven huge rock, just to fish"! Well, after catching my share of livebait on rod and reel. I headed back up the rip rap to the road. As I approached where this man was fishing, and let me say... he was fishing hard, putting alot of effort into being there! He wasn't there to be there, but seemed to be concentrating on what he was doing. Anyways, I couldn't help but notice he only had one leg, and the other was a wooden peg type. This man was walking on terrain with one leg moreless, a crutch under one arm, carrying a five gallon bucket of tackle etc. on area most of us have trouble walking period! I was amazed! As I walked back towards the truck I couldn't help to turn and look back towards him. It brought many things to mind then also. We all have our good days and bad days. And we often complain about little things, that really don't make much difference in our lives if we think about it! But when you see an individual like this making the most out of everyday and, that has probably been through alot more than most of us will ever be dealt with, it makes you feel stupid for such actions etc. I only hope to see this guy again, and get to talk to him hopefully. He surely gave me some insight on life and inspiration yesterday to live by! rollo

Last edited: Aug 9, 2009
  2. LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN

LOWCOUNTRY CATMAN New Member

State:
    sc
    Its things like that we see that make our "problems" pretty silly,thats for sure.Thanks for sharing.

3. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Nothing stops a man or women who has the desire to fish. Weather may slow up an health may hold us back. Nice to hear an see someone as you mentioned rollo out fishing. Thanks for the post an the wonderful story.

4. Jollymon

Jollymon Well-Known Member

State:
    Wilm .N.C
    Jason very good post ,that does make u think dont it :cool2:

5. stangcrazy85

stangcrazy85 New Member

State:
    PerryTucky
    Rollo you just jerked a tear from my little eye dam you man inspiration indeed better yet how about the WILL the DRIVE the DETERMINATION
    whew what a man that must be

6. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    good post jason, that would be a good guy to invite to fish in your boat!

7. tbull

tbull New Member

State:
    SW Ohio
    Yeah it really makes you sit back and re-think how big our problems really are sometimes, there are people alot worse off. If you have not seen this video, please check this out...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glrU4JKV1SI