An idea for monday

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by fwmud, Apr 30, 2006.

1. fwmud

fwmud New Member

State:
    Wilson's Mills,nc
    Hey! How about we have a non-protest for monday.
    We can call it;
    "I'm a law abiding American who can't walk off his/her job because I have debts and taxes i just can't walk away from"?
    Naw wait, that wouldn't work.Why? Cause we have too.
    Think about it

2. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ya got the essence of a dam good idea there! If there was just some way to get around the Mass Media and give it clout, it'd beat polls all hollow!

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    LMAO Keith, I am with ya brother.

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I'm with ya.

Hey while we're at it, why don't us law abiders pay extra for health care too, in an effort to show these people that we will pay their share when the babies are popping out and they dont have any health care to pay for it, OH YEA, WE ALREADY DO THAT, I ALMOST FORGOT, but my paycheck sure as hell didnt forget it.

My blood boils when I think of this whole protest thing. If they don't like it, corss back across the freakin border. The way I see it (it's brutal) THEY HAVE NO FREAKIN RIGHTS TO PROTEST OVER! The illegals are not America.

Oh yea, while I'm pissed..... ENGLISH, speak it or LEAVE.

5. T-Bone

T-Bone New Member

State:
    South of Dallas
    How bout we all get fired and see if the illegals will pick up our health care and put free food on our tables. Since they have so much to give America and we can't live with out them. :misdoubt:

6. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    T-Bone

The better question, might be Would Our Own Government Be As Kind To Us If We Did That As They Are To The Illegals? Yes, that's right I think they (illegals) are getting BETTER treatment than we, the citizens of this great country are. Dang it, it's just not right man.

If there are so many of us agasint this crap, how in the world can our government not doing anything about the problem. Is our country really that messed up? For the people, by the people had died folks.

What kind of country are my children going to be raised in? I think it's going to be much different that the one I was raised in.

7. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Good idea T-Bone. But it would be my luck that I couldn't recieve my welfare or unemployment check because the illegals are getting mine. But hey, I guess they deserve it right? YEA RIGHT!!!:choler:

8. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    we all know they only listen to money but election time is coming listen to who votes how on the different laws and vote to show your feelings about what was done or not done

9. beeheck

beeheck New Member

State:
    Iowa / Missouri
    They thought the last protest was going to shut down a lot of businesses and around here it shut no one down that I'm aware of. When they protest and leave work it does a couple things...

First it makes businesses aware that they have a problem. Perhaps they shouldn't be hiring Hispanic workers because they leave their jobs all the time to go protest. There are other minorities out there that stay on the job and don't feel the need to put their plight in the news and their legal.

Second, when an Hispanic worker leaves to go protest they make a good business worried that perhaps they have hired an illegal and maybe they need to shy away from this minority in their future hiring.

Third, we now hire all our employees through hiring agencies and let them fight the battle over legality. We have a clause in our contract with them that if any of their employees miss work for any reason other than a documented illness, we only pay minimum wage for the ENTIRE WEEK. So they may miss 8 hours to protest but they only get minimum wage for everything earned in that week.

The last protest they had I had a worker tell me he was leaving to go to the rally and I told him he best think about what he was doing. He wanted to know why, what could I do? I had a glass of water on my desk and I told him to stick his finger in the glass of water. he didn't but he asked, Why, I told him that when he pulled his finger out of the water the speed the water filled in the void where his finger had been, that's how fast I could replace him. He stayed.

If you have ever hired you know it is next to impossible to determine if a person is legal or illegal. We would check all hires through 3 different screening agencies and do a criminal, financial and Social Security Number check along with calling references. We get back an all clear and go with that person only to find out later through others that he is illegal and going to quit in a couple weeks to go back to Mexico. Sure enough he quits and goes back to Mexico. We spent a lot of money trying to determine if he was legal or not and failed. In our company they have to pay taxes and they have to carry medical insurance or they don't work for us. It sounds like a small deal but we used to have a lot of people walk out when we told them the rules.

10. Dano

Dano New Member

State:
    Texas
    Keith, hang in there. Got a bunch of rednecks who has your back. :wink:

11. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    How about when all those illegals walk off the jobs...offer them to Americans without one.:big_smile: This horse crap that they take only jobs Americans don't want to do is a bunch of bunk!:ah:

12. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    Its not so much THAT AMERICANS DON'T WANT THOSE JOBS.Its we won't work for low wages and no bennefits.

13. vinny

vinny New Member

State:
    ill.
    I think if they walk of the job they should keep on walking

14. shortshank

shortshank New Member

State:
    Oregon
    I was a General Contractor here for 9 years. Every government job that I won was "Prevailing Wage". In order to walk on my jobsite I had to pay my "skilled workers" what the government told me to pay. I had to have a certain amount of "minority workers". I had to pay my "unskilled laborers" what the government specified. Every job they came on the job site to A: speak directly to the people in each class to insure they were in fact on the job B: make sure they were being paid the proper wage. I didn't/don't care if you are green and can do the job I'd hire you. The problem came when the government told me you can't have this work low bidder or not unless you have this specific group, qualified or not, on your site.
    True story
    Don

15. jdstraka

jdstraka Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Council Bluffs, Iowa
    Name:
    John
    Right on Kieth""" I hapen to work in the meat industry and all the packing houses are shutting down monday because they wont have enough help to operate them. now I guess that about 90% happen to be hispanic and the other 10% are not now because the plants are closed those other 10% will not be paid.(go figure)thats just not right!!!!! Im in the retail end of the industry in middle management and work for a large company. I have one hispanic man that works for me and he informed me that he wouldent be in this monday because he plans to support the illeagles. He happens to be here legaly. I had to bite my toung and not fire him on the spot. I went to my manager and relayed the message and ask him how I should handle the sisuation and how I felt about it.He told me to just go ahead and excuse the absence and if he request to take a personil day to pay him for it.my manager said we don"t need any bad press. now thats in my opinion is a bunch of Bull Dung!!!! Now this is my two cents worth .I served our country during nam as did my younger brother . my father served in world war 2 in the pacific his his cousin was killed in action. dads oldest brouther served in the first world 1 and my gerat grand father served in the spanish american war.our faimly have fought as have so many of you for our freedoms and rights that we and our famileys enjoy today. And I would like to know just what have these illeagles done to deserve these rights. well folks we really need to put some different elected people in office that have the guts to do whats right and inforce our laws. Said enough cause im really getting more upset the more i say. Bigcatman0816.Now old adolif would just fire up the ovens.

16. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I live near a meat plant. One of my friends work in a plant for years. He was makiing 12 and hour. Now hire on rate is 6. Hummmmm you think the illeagals have any thing to do with the pay rate going down?
    Bill

17. Mutt

Mutt Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    Ca
    Name:
    Mutt
    Got that right baitfish got that right. A guy who works for me told me he aint going to be in today I told him your sure about this he said yep I said ok then tuesday come and get your final paycheck. Now I am looking for a smarter person to hire. This guy is not hispanic was born and raised here localy and he will not realize just what he lost till tuesday. His wife called me this morning and tried to call in sick for him I said he allready told me he was protesting and he can come in and get his check. She has called me 10 times cussing me out etc. Last call I recorded and told her so and gave it to the local police to take care of the harassment calls I have been getting. Some people need to stay out of the gene pool.

18. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Is a pigs a$$ pork...?

You're getting old when your wife gives up sex for Lent, and you don't know until the 4th of July.

19. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Got email from my daughter this morning. They didn't boycott the welfare office. She said when she got to work the line was there waiting as usual.

20. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    AHHHHHHH our tax dollars @ work!
    Bill