An idea for Jugline and trotline sinkers...

Discussion in 'All Catfishing' started by KYTRAPPER, Jul 26, 2007.

1. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Thought this might help..I made these from the small SS condoment cups you get at wally world for a buck. When the lead is freshly poured I insert a loop made from galvanized #9 wire for a attachment point. I use a trotline clip and snap swivel to attach mine to the line so you can easily move and or remove it. Works very well.

[​IMG]

2. BAMA_CAT

BAMA_CAT New Member

State:
    Boaz,ALABAMA
    Thanks for the tip!! I will have to try that!!

3. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Count me in. Thanks for posting.

4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Pretty neat idea, but with the price of the trotline clips nearly doubling in the past six weeks, it will get a little expensive.

5. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Philip thanks for a great idea. Appreciated.

6. Pirate Jerry

Pirate Jerry New Member

State:
    Yulee Florida
    Great idea, gonna try them for deep salt water...

7. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    WOW, really. They havent changed here. Whats up?? I guess I need to stock up..

8. CatfishHateMe

CatfishHateMe New Member

State:
    Il
    neat idea, i use water bottles and concrete for my trots with wire tie wire bent almost in a grappling hook shape and tug on them to get them to stick in the mud. then i can just pull on them hard and the wire bends to get unstuck, then before i throw it back out i just bend the wire back in place. works good for me.

9. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    I have no idea what happened to the price of the trot line clips. They are manufactured by Magic bait here in Guthrie. I buy them at a store about 1/2 to 3/4 miles from the magic bait factory... they have almost doubled in price... from like 6.80 to around 11.40 now. Guess the transportation charges for that 3/4 mile must have went up. LOL

10. KYTRAPPER

KYTRAPPER New Member

State:
    Floyd county,KY
    Dang:confused2: Thanks, I need to pick up another pack or two. Guess Ill go ahead and do it:cool2:

11. Dadoftwo

Dadoftwo New Member

State:
    Oklahoma City
    Take some plastic solo cups and buy a small bag of quickcrete. With $5 and some metal clothes hangers you can have all the weights you can stand to make.

12. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Welcome to the BOC! I was gonna say the same thing. Although, those lead sinkers sure are nice, bulk lead around here costs .19/oz., plus the clips. I actually use recycled lugs from a 2 piece tractor wheel, and a piece of chord, but have been considering upgrading to quickcrete weights. A buddy of mine made some, and I like them alot, and they are CHEAP to make.

13. jtrew

jtrew New Member

State:
    Little Rock, AR
    Here's an idea that someone posted a couple of years ago. Take 16 or 20 oz. soda/water bottles and cut the top off them. Put in enough concrete to weigh whatever you want, say 2#, and insert a piece of wire, like from an old coathanger. Once the concrete hardens, cut the excess plastic down to within 1/2" or so of the top of the concrete, then heat it with a propane torch. The excess plastic will 'round over' the top edge of the concrete, forming a protective edge so it won't scratch your boat or equipment.