An Early (Awesome) Christmas gift!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Katmaster Jr., Dec 9, 2006.

1. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    My grandparents just told me the other night they wanted to get me a new drum set, well last night they told me they would like me to come to Guitar center with them so I could pick it out. I know it's a shame it couldn't be a surprise, but the thing is, if I hadn't picked it out myself they might not had bought the right one.

So after checking out the wide selection of drum sets they had, I finally found one I really loved and have been looking at and reading about on the internet for a while now. The 'Peal' "Session Custom" series. They bought Zildjian Cymbals seperate, and the drum set came with really nice bags for transporting them. They also got me a very nice double bass drum pedal, the "Iron Cobra".

I set it up this afternoon, and took some pictures to share, let me know what you think.

Zakk:smile2:

Attached Files:

2. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Nice set up are we in the company of the next Gene Kruppa

3. catfisher43

catfisher43 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Thats a nice set.Hope you enjoy.Merry Christmas.

4. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    SWEET!!!! Nice set up Zack!!!

Do you think your grandparents would adopt me, LOL!!!
    Tell them I said Hey!!!

5. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Go get em Ginger Baker! LOL! Look him up. LOL!

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Congratulations Zakk! It's always the grandparents that give 'loud' gifts like that.:cool2: Looks like somebody is paying for their raising.

st

7. riverwiskers

riverwiskers New Member

State:
    kelly nc
    Nice Drum set Zakk, hope you enjoy it. Merry Christmas!!!

Dale

8. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Thanks for sharing the pics Zakk! :cool2: Those Pearl drums are a beautiful green, or am I color blind?

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!
    Cheryl

9. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

So your gonna be a rock super star and live large big house and five cars.
    JK congrats on the killer set of drums.

10. tomcat85

tomcat85 New Member

State:
    uh
    dude thats an awesome drumset and an awesome christmas present! my grandpa did the same for me about 6 years ago.

11. Coyote1

Coyote1 New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Dear Young Brother Royce;
    Zakk, what you need to do now is to become the BEST Drummer possible to show your appreciation for the wonderful and EXPEN$IVE Gift from your Grandparents!!!:smile2:
    Just remember, gifts are tokens meant to give one a small idea of the LOVE one has for another! But the REAL GIFT, The TRUE GIFT, can only be found In One's Heart!
    Congrats. Here is hoping you and yours have a very Happy and SAFE holiday season no matter how you choose to celebrate the season.
    Fraternally,
    Coyote1 & Raven
    [[[[[End of Post]]]]]

12. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Zakk,thats great..congrats.Very smart and loving grandparent to let you pick it out.
    Hope you get to practice on it late into the night,you parent will love them too!!:big_smile:

13. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    My daughter has a set of perils with the same kind of symbols. The double bass pedal is the way to go! Nice present!
    Bill

14. Mark J

Mark J New Member

State:
    Four Oaks, NC
    The Guitar Center?
    Grandpa, where is my banjo?

15. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Nice Zack dont forget to show them how much you appreciate what they did by doing the best you can to learn them and be the best you can on them

16. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks everyone, I definitely will practice them a lot! I had another drum set that was ok, and I had been practicing them a couple hours everyday.

Zakk:smile2:

17. rangercatman

rangercatman Member

State:
    Cameron, NC
    Your on your way tommy lee! Nice set:cool2:

18. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    sweet drums man, i play to, i have a set of 1978 maple finish Gretsch drums...I like the green on yours,and that Iron Cobra pedal is supposed to be one of the better pedals made..I use the Ludwig speed king pedal, it is okay, but i have heard the Iron Cobra is aot better.... keep practicing 2 hours everyday, and you will be pretty good before you know it...Can you read music, do you take lessons or anything??

19. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks man, I had looked at the Gretsch drums before, never heard them though. The Iron Cobra is pretty nice, I did have a PDP that was good for $100 but just didn't have any footplay.

I can read Snare Drum Music, and Bass Drum Music from being in Marching Band, but can't read Drum Set music very well yet. I haven't started lessons yet, but I was suppose to start last Sunday.

20. LiquidSteel

LiquidSteel New Member

State:
    La Vista N
    Nice kit! I havent picked up a set of sticks in almost 10 years. Makes me want to go out and drop $1000 I dont have and start playing again. If you play drums, you have got to know who Neil Peart is. He was the inspiration that got me to start playing.

Kenny