An awesome/weird night

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by Ducain, May 17, 2006.

1. Ducain

Ducain New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    BigFish and I went out last night, and man we had a good evening, but it was weird as well.

We caught 7 bass and then netted a bucket of shad and headed to our flattie hole.

BigFish landed a 25lb flattie (he might post pics later) right off the bat, and then it got kinda strange.

My line took off during the landing of his fish, but then stopped quickly. I thought nothing of it, and then after all the ruckus of weighing/pictures of his fish, I thought I'd better check my bait.

Well, I started pulling, and darn it if I wasn't hung on a snag. I pulled for a minute and then handed BigFish the rod so he could pull it furthur towards the other end of the boat. After a moment of pulling, he hands the rod back to me, and in a calm voice says, "You'd better catch this fish." I'll be darned if there wasn't a fish tugging on the other end! Apparently, it had gulped the bait and just sat still. It was probably 4-5 lbs.

Then, just when I thought the weirdness was over...

My other rod took off, and I set the hook. I felt pressure and was excited. After a minute or two of pulling, I realized I had nothing but a big stick. I managed to get the stick to the boat, and realized...it wasn't a stick - it was a fishing rod and reel. ??

I manged to untangle my line from this horribly worn fishing rode, and was searching for the end of my line when I realized it was still in the water, so I start reeling in, only to find that my line was being tugged!

Would you believe I landed a 7-8lb flattie on that same line that caught the fishing pole?

We had a blast, but I have to admit I've never had a stranger evening.

:)

2. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Don't forget to pick up a lottery ticket today!!

3. paleocaver

paleocaver New Member

State:
    USA
    Yeah, you need to walk down the streets picking up billfolds. That's some lucky happenings.

4. treddinwater

treddinwater Active Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    What a wild night, I had a 6lb channel hang me up like that once. I had a nice hit and it stopped, so i picked it up to check the bait and felt myself snagged. So I'm pulling and pulling...and pulling to get my rig back cause the line just isnt breaking. Then I feel it give way just a bit, like how it feels when your line is going around a rock, which it most likely was, then it started pulling back. Stuff like that is strange. But never caught another persons set up and a fish at the same time, that's a new one.

5. FishMan

FishMan New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    sounds like a fun night, good job.

6. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    well i woulda posted the pics in here, didnt know ducain was gonna post here i put the pic. in the flathead forum under my finaly my first of the year. ill just start adding to this post so we dont double post. we had another awsome night. nothing realy big but we caught a coulpe stripes at the shad hole. then went to the flat hole. gues it was a night for the dinks cause i landed 2 channels both under 5 # and 2 flats both under 5 #. batteries were about dead so i only took pic of one channel. trying to save for a bigger fish, didnt happen tonight. we woulda landed a bunch more, but the little ones just couldnt take the bait we were offering tonight. ducain missed 5 and i missed 2, cause we netted some realy big shad today.well heres some of the pics from the other night and the one channel from tonight.

Attached Files:

7. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    well i forgot one.

Attached Files:

8. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    heres astory that happened when i was around ten or so during early summer about june my uncle was at our cabin up in canada fishin off the dockfor pike and im guessin a bowfin(dogfish) grabbed his pole off the dock new pole too 2 months later in august im fishin off the same dockand guess what i caught yup.so later that summer im fishin a local lake for carp and bam no warning pole takes a swim next spring im fishin at the same lake about 40 yards away and guess what yup.by this time the pole was weekend from the water and broke but the abu garcia bait caster just needed some tlc and to this day its still my lucky reel 16 years strong

9. blackhorse83

blackhorse83 New Member

State:
    missouri
    Sounds like a good nite, sure hope I can get 1 of those chad, WOW.

10. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    Sounds like you had a great night.
    I like it when things turn out that way.

:big_smile_2:

:cat:

11. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I ment to say great pics.

:boss:

:cat:

12. kspor

kspor New Member

State:
    Wichita Kansas
    So what do fishing poles hit on? How do you rig a Flathead for catching poles? lol Sounds like fun. Have a great season.

13. Ducain

Ducain New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Ahahaha

Exactly my sense of humor. Good form. :)

14. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    well i see your on here ducain. boy my head hurts. a five ounce sinker to the head dont feel very good.