An Awesome gesture!!

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by GatorT, Sep 18, 2009.

1. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    Everybody who was at the SC gathering at Santee this past weekend knows that the Georgia boys saved the day.

But what y'all don't know is how one Georgia boy, in particular, did a really awesome thing for me. I'm talking about MacDaddy.

I was looking forward to picking up a bunch of the t-shirts because Blake was kind enough to add the line, "In memory of Ricky Granger," my best friend who we recently lost on Wateree. BUT - true to my usual form, I got lazy and never sent in my order. Especially after I saw that Blake intended to bring along extra shirts to sell at the gathering. Figured I'd pick up a few there.

But, things didn't work out that way. Instead, Blake ended up not being able to bring but a very few shirts because of screen problems. He was able to fill the orders he had already been paid for, but no extras.

So I was out of luck, and very disappointed.

Well, this week in the mail, I received a package from MacDaddy. I opened it up and, sure enough, he had sent me HIS already paid for shirt. After he had heard why I wanted the shirts so much, he took the effort to track down my address and mailed his shirt to me.

MacDaddy, this doesn't sound like much, but thank you very much. That was an awesome thing you did. And I won't forget it.

2. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    There are still some nice people in the world.

3. santeefishhunter

santeefishhunter New Member

State:
    north caro
    I hope the Georgia boys come up again soon! :smile2:

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Ain't nothin' wrong with those GA boys; all of the ones I've met are great guys. Thanks for posting. :big_smile:
    Sure wish I could have been there, but I'm just now starting to feel somewhere close to normal after the flu bug I was fighting.

5. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Great post Gator! I was hoping for some shirts too, but never saw Blake before we left! sigh... No biggie.

BB

6. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    Yes I was Sorry only 3 shrits got made due to the problem with the screen and no orders was placed .

Gator I felt like that was the only Right thing to do. And what BOC Brother for to look out for another in time of need . Hope you wear it and catch planty of Catfish In his Memory. I think everytime that Rod loads up with a catfish Ricky's got a Big smile on his face, And Thanks THATS BIGG STUFF !!!!! Hope to meet ya'll again soon for some good old catfishing, food and fellowship . If I lived in Santee I would be in Heaven too.... Can not wait for a return trip this Spring

7. gotta go

gotta go New Member

State:
    SC
    True friends will give you the shirt off there back, I really don't know what you call them when they give it to you before they put it on.......... I guess Georgie Boys:wink: I hope to meet this fisherman one day.

8. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    AHHHHHHHHHHH the B.O.C strikes again(LOL):cool2:(LOL)

9. Cutbait101

Cutbait101 New Member

State:
    south carolina
    A very nice thing you did Dwayne,reps too you!

10. Sound

Sound New Member

State:
    Arkadelphi
    Reps to ya Mac.

11. bedbug jr

bedbug jr New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Thanx for the post Ronnie and thanx for keeping the memory of a departed friend and brother alive. A special thanx to Dwayne for showing a coming together of heart and mind and sharing the true nature of the BOC. You guys stay safe and because of people like you the Brotherhood will live forever!!!:wink:

12. EJ Catfish

EJ Catfish New Member

State:
    n.c.
    This is one of those times when i'm glad im a catfisherman. Wish i could have been there but im not going to miss it next year

13. mactheaxe

mactheaxe New Member

State:
    cartersville, georgia
    you know, firstly,im sorry you lost a friend. i lost my brother last year so i can understand. secondly, props to you macdaddy for keepin the southern hospitality, georgia kindness alive. secondly, this is why i love this site. good ole boys who love fishing, and are loyal to friends and are always lookin out. im drinkin a cold one for your friend, and another cold one for you macdaddy. im tellin ya, this site absolutely rocks.

14. crclhuk1

crclhuk1 New Member

State:
    Central, SC
    Reps to ya Macdaddy, we'll be fishing i santee again before you can count to ten----1, 2, 3, fish on, 4, 5, fish, fish, fish, where was i at?!:cool2:

15. Sunbird

Sunbird New Member

State:
    Sandy Run,
    Macdaddy that was alright!!:wink: I thought for sure you guys would just go away and never come back.:eek:oooh: I took ya'll out and tried to sink us all, the girls next door tore up the foot on the boat (I think the GA. bulldog flag irritated her) And USC lost a nailbiter of a ballgame! Then you turn around and do something so sweet. :roll_eyes:
    I knows why I likes ya!! Looking forward to spring so we can do it all over again!!!:smile2::cool2:

16. big-muddy

big-muddy New Member

State:
    norfolk, va
    that is a very nice gesture and it was great to meet all you folks. look forward to doing it again before too long.

17. macdaddy

macdaddy New Member

State:
    GEORGIA
    IT'S ALL ABOUT BIGG STUFF :cool2: JUST TRING TO GET TO KNOW BIG STUFF !!!!