An Arthritic Post

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Cheryl, Oct 12, 2005.

1. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Many people have it and the world needs to adjust. Why do the ointments for relief, have aluminum foil over the product? There are many of these questions, but have you noticed the CD's are now coming in cardboard? Thank you! If it was a cost cutting measure well that works too but for us arthritic people it is Heaven sent. I always broke the plastic cases anyway. Had to fight to open them, not once but twice with the sticky label thingy. LOL. Anyway, y'all go out and invent some useful stuff for us arthritic people and do the world a favor. Night from TN ;)

2. trippyclwn

trippyclwn Member

State:
    Chattanooga, Tn
    Name:
    Tracey
    cheryl i used to live in chattanooga tennessee years ago and i am always fishing there lol
    ill tell you as for arthritis i have started getting it really bad lately but i fish and play guitar and bass guitar so my hands really love me sometimes lmao
    i have really started feeling the effects lately and have had to start putting the guitar down after about 20 minutes of playing if that much.
    i just wonder why they havent found a wonder cure for it by now? sure it isnt life threatening but it is REALLY uncomfortable to live with and work with.
    they make things to stop it for a little while or just make it bearable but is there a complete cure for it? :confused:

3. Tellico00

Tellico00 New Member

State:
    Collierville, T
    yes Tippy there is complete cure, something that will cure all of our aches and pains. But you had better have your heart right when the *cure* comes :D I just hope I can continue to bend my knees each night so I can be thankful for the days blessings.

I also am feeling the effects of arthritis and as you and Cheryl know, some of the effects are very unsettling. But one thing I know for sure, it beats the altertanive. :D :D

4. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Well I have fibromyalgia (?) and arthritis, and gerd and who knows what else. LOL. BUT I was on Vioxx and it didn't help after awhile as most of you know. After awhile everything stops working. Well now I take CYMBALTA which is an anti-depressant/pain reducer. It is not a pain killer. Somehow it inhibits the pain in the neuros of your brain. It has helped tremendously! Also I visit a chiroprator 2 times a month. I credit him with saving my life after the Vioxx stopped working. Then I found the CYMBALTA a few months back and it has been a great help. It is a new drug and is quite expensive unless you have insurance and can get it preapproved for your copay.

Sometimes the alternative doesn't seem so bad. I tell my family, when I'm gone, don't worry about me, I can sleep all I want to then. A human's natural state is sleep.(was that useful information?)

5. cook

cook New Member

State:
    Plattsburg,Mo.(near K.C.)
    Cheryl,My heart goes out to you.My wife has Lupus,fibromyalgia,and a host of other problems.I think having 4 grandkids is the only reason she is still with us.Being sick and hurting every single day can wear a person down,and ain't a picnic for the rest of the family,either.