An apology

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Netmanjack, Aug 9, 2006.

1. Netmanjack

Netmanjack New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Well brothers and sisters I find that there is a need for an apology here. I’m sorry so many members took my post so personally. I was not targeting any one person, yet I realized when I was writing it that a few of our brothers would think it was directed at them, as I confided to Loanwizard. I just thought that it was something that we as a family should be aware of.
    For hurt feelings this has caused, I truly am sorry. I am not sorry however for my post being misinterpreted. If you will please read the first five posts of the thread you will see that understanding brothers were receiving it quite well. For the life of me I cant understand how it went from my intent, to a theme of ridicule and the benefits of humor and laughter. Please feel free to peruse all of my post and find one instance of rude, demeaning behavior directed at any of us here for the purpose of causing angst or anguish.
    As I intimated in post #3 some times people use laughter to disguise deeper problems. I do not feel it is right to laugh about someone’s misfortunes. I totally understand laughing as a tool to help cope with the many trials and misfortunes in life. Laughter as a whole is a wonderful thing. I am very glad that God gave us this ability, but just realize that all laughter is not healthy. My grandson Riley laughed when another boy fell off his bike, I told him that it was not funny and he should not laugh at others misfortunes. If we as a group get so comfortable about laughing at another’s expense, that’s when we could really hurt feelings or worse. I just wanted to make people aware of this and how it could go wrong even with good intentions. Nothing more nothing less. As far as the humor in the rest of the thread, I found it very funny myself and laughed at the remarks that got it moved. I hope this helps explain, because I really don’t like having to explain myself. I’ll try to be more careful in my writings in the future. Thanks Netmanjack

2. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    I'm not sure what was said, but some to take things to heart. Well said Jack and we accept.

3. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Whut's this "we" stuff..?:lol:
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    Love conquers all, unless of course you're playing tennis.

4. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    Well said apology Jack

5. Dragger

Dragger New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    No problem,Brother

6. Cattracker16

Cattracker16 New Member

State:
    Wilton Iowa
    Well if the comments were amed at me i'm like a duck things roll of my back. if they are not amed at me then i'm still like a duck things roll off..

7. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    Jack, I read that thread that you started and, I see nothing to appologize for. I saw it as a help to others and that is a great thing in it's self.
    It takes a special person to make a post as deep as that one was Jack!!! I was in no way offended and, I really don't see how it could have offended anyone else. Thank you for your insight on that thread. YOU DA MAN!!!

PS. If you must oppologize I will except it Sir!!!

8. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    Jack, i didn't read the post in question, but you have never posted anything that i thought needed an apology

9. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    JW and Phil said it best for me. Never knew what was going on, but that's with most things in life, anymore. :wink:

Janis Joplin is playing on the Alice Cooper radio show. Take Another Little Piece of My Heart, Baby. She was a talented woman and wasted her life on drugs. God rest her soul.

Sorry I was ramblin' again.

10. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Jack

I would have repped you and a few others that I have been reading here, but alas my rep wand is out of gas.

Take care.
    Cheryl

11. Pastor E

Pastor E New Member

State:
    Beebe AR
    My hats off to you brother you got my respect the world needs more people like you:big_smile:

12. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    I agree with Phil!

13. laidbck111

laidbck111 New Member

I must have missed that one but I agree with the others I have never read one of your post that offended me personally.