An apology...

Discussion in 'NFL Talk' started by lforet2002, Oct 6, 2009.

1. lforet2002

lforet2002 Well-Known Member

State:
    Tennessee
    to the rest of the league from the New Orleans Saints..

"With four weeks down in the 2009 NFL season, it has become abundantly clear that the New Orleans Saints have, shall we say, not exactly lived up to expectations. As one listens to the pundits and media gurus, one gets the impression that an apology is in order for the Saints’ failure to read the pre-season script. We aren’t supposed to be this good. We aren’t supposed to be 4-0. We aren’t supposed to beat teams like the Philadelphia Eagles and New York Jets. Things work much smoother in TV-land when teams that are supposed to win actually win, and when teams that aren’t…well, don’t. So on behalf of the city of New Orleans and the Saints, please accept the following apologies:"

http://saintsreport.com/modules/News/showarticle.php?threadid=126177

2. cathog

cathog New Member

State:
    Lone Oak Texas
    I am not a big NFL fan but I do like to watch the "aints" play. Even though they have the most overrated player in the history of college football(Reggie Bush), I like most of the guys on that team. I remember watching Brees as a high school kid here in Texas and thinking to myself "that kid is a winner". I hope they keep doing what they are doing, barring Bush I think the Saints have a great team and great coaching.

3. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    saints problem is not getting started..its finishing.by the end of the season they always seem to be like a train and run out of steam when its most important.

4. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    Duh! They beat the Filthadelphia Eagles without their Westbrook and with their second-string QB. As for the Jets, the Jets just finally ran into a team with a defensive coordinator smart enough to stop a rookie QB.:wink:

5. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    So when they beat the Giants I guess the excuse will be that Eli is hurt..I'm sick of hearing excuses for every team the Saints beat..Its always a matter of why the losing team lost and nothing about how the Saints won..Yesterday is history and tomorrow is a mystery but I do know this,these aren't the old school saints everyone thinks they are..With that said the last two years were infested with injuries that severely affected a lot of the losses in the past,not to mention the Saints have finally hired a defensive coordinator that knows how to create a defense..Beware...This is not the Aints anymore..
    And since the Saints beat them Kolb has been playing outstanding..

Your talking about the Saints from the Haslett years not the Payton years..The Saints of the Payton years has been decimated by injuries..I think last year they had 16 players on injured reserve..And they lacked a defense..Not so this year..

6. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    a win is a win...but the Giants are a well coached team as well..i just dont think the saints can handle the pressure that defense is capable of..brees the past few games has just stood in the pocket and waited. He wont do that with the giants. Eli has a poise that the saints defense hasnt come against yet.. i really think the saints loose this game by 14 or more..

7. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Theres a team called the Saints?????:eek:oooh:

Who plays for them?

8. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

9. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Nov. 30th the Pats are coming to your house. That is going to be your real test. Not saying who is going to win because "on any given Sunday you can win or you can loose":smile2:

But back on the subject. 4-0 is a good start, but it doesn't write out how your whole season will go. It doesn't matter who was out for a game or how they played. A win is a win! Good luck against every team except the Pats Les.

10. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm happy no one gives us a chance..I like the fact that every body said they wouldn't beat the Eagles..Then Brees was tamed by the Bills D but apparently what every one fails to mention was that the Bills didn't stop the run and got walked all over for over 200 yards..Another thing that people don't realize is that the Saints sport an entirely different D than they have the past 3 years...We have a new coordinator with a few free agents we picked up that are kicking butt too right now..We lead the league in turnovers and interceptions..Obviously some people just aren't watching the Saints play..There not the one dimensional pass happy team that we've seen the last 2 years..They can now beat opponents with the run and with a stout D..I can't wait for this Giants game..I doubt the Giants,if they do win, will win by double digits..No way..They may be able to push the cowgirls around but don't think they'll march into the dome and push the Saints around..

11. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P

If you played the Eagles without Bush and Brees, the Aints would be nothing!

12. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    Yes of course,forget about the defense..Forget about the seasoned vet that plays behind Brees in Brunell.And without Bush??Bush has been a non-factor all year anyway..Its been all Bell and Thomas..Another example of some one who thinks they know the Saints but has never watched them at all..

13. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    when the saints played the eagles no qb,no rb,i knew that game was gone. MCNABB brings the eagles together.he always has. he is an excellent qb and knows his reads. if the saints meet them again with every eagle healthy..saints wont win that one.

14. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    If the eagles played without westbrook and Desean Jackson they wouldn't be anything either

15. readingcatfisher

readingcatfisher New Member

State:
    Berks coun
    Same for the Colts no Manning and Wayne and dallas clark no win

16. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
    Bet you know now..I'm ready to hear all the GIANT excuses now..

17. Andy52

Andy52 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

State:
    Winfield, Mo.
    Oh Lordy Les, I live in the St. Louis area.....what could get worse then the Rams.

18. lforet2002

State:
    Tennessee
  19. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield

who didnt they play with today.....the raiders beat 'em hahahahaahahahaha

20. catin38

catin38 New Member

State:
    alabama
    im not a gaints fan..im a falcon fan..we are in saints division. if these other teams cant finish the job we will:wink: