An Amazing Night- Wife's New PB Blue Catfish

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by stumpjumper, Oct 26, 2009.

1. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    My wife and I had a fantastic night on the river this past weekend. Since it had been three weeks since we've had the opportunity to fish, we were really ready to go! Well, things started off grim, to say the least. After launching the boat, I noticed that the wheel on my trailer was about to fall off; the bearing buddy and wheel bearings were completely gone. This really freaked me out because on the final stretch of road leading to the launch I had been going 65 mph. We finally decided to call Jason Bridges for some advice on where we could get the hub fixed, as we did not have the parts or tools. Jason actually bought the parts, drove to the launch and replaced the entire hub for us. We were both incredibly thankful for his time and generosity.

Later that afternoon Tricia and I set out for a fantastic, worry-free night on the river. We started with our largest haul of big catfish from a single location ever! We had a total weight of 220 pounds in just four catfish! It was both amazing and chaotic. My wife ended up catching a 69 pound Blue, which beat her last PB by 2 pounds. The four big fish from this spot were 69, 59, 47 and 45; our best haul ever from a single spot. We had another big fish that got off at the boat. It was crazy. The bite was still good as we moved spots, but we didn’t catch anything over 25 pounds. What a night, but it wasn’t over yet...

As the temperature dropped into the low 40s an eerie, patchy fog moved in. It was cold and now wet, so we decided to start heading back to the launch before things got worse. Within five minutes the fog was so bad there was near zero visibility. It was easy to get completely disoriented, but we were good because we had the current to guide us. As we slowly made our way back, there was suddenly a hideous crashing sound at the bow-BAM! The visibility was so bad that we had hit a channel buoy! It was starboard in case you were wondering and the bow of my boat is now green. :smile2:

We made it back to the launch safe early the next morning. The next day the weather was completely different after the fog burned off; sunny and warm. The bite had slowed down and the biggest fish we caught was around 20 pounds. It was still a beautiful day on the river.

Attached Files:

2. JEFFRODAMIS

JEFFRODAMIS New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i thought killer whales were black and white :crazy:

3. fmb

fmb New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    wow nice catch.....:big_smile:

4. katmax

katmax New Member

State:
    griffin ga
    nice fish...glad yall are ok from hitting the bouy...:big_smile:

5. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    they made a movie about them fish,i think it was called "JAWS".congrats great trip.

6. bream reaper

bream reaper Member

State:
    Indiana
    Wow! Congrats to Tricia on the hoss-blue! Reps to Mr. Bridges for "brother-helping-brother". Incredible haul from one spot! Nice work.

7. SHE-CAT

SHE-CAT New Member

State:
    Dallas, Georgia
    It was great to finally beat my old PB Blue! It was a trip to remember and we are both very thankful for Jason's help with the trailer. This trip could have been completely different!

8. Mickey

Mickey New Member Supporting Member

State:
    Illinois
    Marc thanks for sharing your awesome trip. Enjoyed the pics. Congrats to your wife on the new PB. WOW!!!!!!

9. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Man what a great trip. You all are the masters of that river! congrats and good luck in the future.

10. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Thats one hellova night man! Congrats to Tricia, and yourself on the awesome outting! rollo

11. bumper

bumper New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Congratulations Marc and Tricia, That's awesome! Glad your boat and trailer are okay, and it all worked out so y'all could catch some hawgs.

Looks like the fish off just got more interesting :wink::big_smile:.

12. countryboy79

countryboy79 New Member

State:
    nc
    VERY NICE FISH!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. goshawk

goshawk New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Which river?

Pat

14. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Congrats on a good night and the new PB.

15. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Amazing story! Congrats! Reps sent! That's why I like the gps as it has a line to follow back in zero visibility.

Bill in SC

16. j.bridges

j.bridges Active Member

State:
    arab,alabama
    Great catch...I am glad that I was able to help and that ya'll got on some good fish....:wink::wink::wink::wink:

17. puddle jumper

puddle jumper Well-Known Member

State:
    NW.Georgia
    Great job guys,,
    You done awsome:wink:
    How was the bait situation down there??
    Puddle

18. Eich

Eich New Member

State:
    Mount Joy,
    Awesome looking fish there. Congrats on a new PB. Thank you for sharing.

Ray

19. kenlaw76

kenlaw76 Well-Known Member

State:
    S.E. Pa.
    Great looking fish bro! I wish I could get into some fish of that caliber.:cool2:

20. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    Congrats again, ya'll sure have caught some nice fish this year. That fog gets spooky and dangerous too.