An Alarming Trend!!!

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by Dreadnaught, Aug 27, 2006.

1. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I have been noticing alot of folks that have not filled out their Profile information. It is a simple proccess that helps us answer to the area specific questions that you might have!!!

I have also noticed that there are a few that don't even have their first name listed; (which is a requirement to join)!!! How can this be???

Name and state is not to much to ask, is it??

Please get them filled out, it makes the whole experience on the BOC a better one!!!

2. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    And don't forget a youe avatar picutre....it's nice to see who we are talking to.

In mine that is my second born son who is 4 months old now, man time is flying by.

Oh one more thing "The Member Map" now thats cool, you can see who else is a mamber near you.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Great post JW.

If Tanya can get a avatar and profile up anyone can. :cool2:

4. bubbajum

bubbajum New Member

State:
    Monongahel
    Forgot to do spell check before the last post, sorry.

Thank you Jesus for spell check.........!!!!

5. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    I am noticing the same thing Dreadnaught:confused2: Come on guys and gals, it's not that hard to put in the minimum required info. Just go to the USER CP on the tool bar and edit your profile please. Thanks!:wink:

6. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    An avatar would be nice but, The other information is a vital part of answering a question at times.

Like:
    What bait should I use for channelcats?..... I have seen this question pop-up from time to time. Now to answer this question without asking more questions, they need profile info to answer it. Like, name, state, primary waters fished, ect.... these all help things run smoother on the board.

7. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

That's right folks, it isn't difficult at all. Come on people, get in there and fill out your profile information! I for one read members' profiles to try to familiarize myself just a bit with who they are. I like getting to know everyone, after all, we're brothers and sisters here.....just one big happy catfishing family. If you need help with your avatar, just ask. Someone will be happy to jump right in there and git r done. :smile2:

8. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I think what is happening here is, these folks are pulling their names out after they join, which I personally think is wrong.
    People, this is not a CHAT ROOM it is a FORUM. I'm sorry if you are afraid that someone might get to know you by your first name , well that is the way it works here. This is a family atmosphere and, it is part of the BOC experience!!!

9. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    Well said JW. It takes just a few moments to update your profile

10. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    JW, I totally agree with you brother. AND I believe that actually the reason some people don't have thier name listed is because they joined right before Paul made it a requirement to have it listed.

11. zappaf19

zappaf19 New Member

State:
    Monticello,IN
    I admit at first I was leary to fill it out. (it's the internet) I have had NO problems what so ever! So go ahead and fill it out!:big_smile:
    Bill

12. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    Profiles sure do help with a lot of stuff.

13. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    I would like nothing more than to be able to help these folks by answering their questions. How can I answer if I have know idea Who they are, where they are from, and what kind of water they are fishing.

Different regions of the country require different methods.

Different types of water require different methods as well.

The name thing, is something that makes it just a little more personal and, makes you part of the BOC family(in an official kind of way).

The Avatar thing, let's us see who we a speaking to and, adds a liad back type atmosphere to the whole thing.

14. badkarma

badkarma New Member

State:
    Oxford,Miss
    A queston all the members who don't have their name in their profile.Are you afraid some is gona find out your name or steal from you??I have been a member sence Sept.2001 and I've never had any problems because my name is in my profile.Any and all members are welcome in my home any time but badguys and house robbers bring your own body bags cause I can't aford to buy them anymore.:confident:

James Marzell Faulkner
    838 hy 30
    Oxford,Ms

15. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Maybe whenever we see someone who has forgotten to fill out the basic information, we should send them a PM as a reminder. A few hundred letters may let them know that we do want them in the brotherhood.

16. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska

ooo thats a burn!

17. kbgrillin

kbgrillin New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    The truth hurts, brother. lol.

18. carpet1

carpet1 New Member

State:
    Ash Flat,Arkansas
    Great post.........................

19. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    jw maybe their scared someone will copy cut and paste their avatar and make a funny picture out of them.
    i dont go for stuff like that myself.
    if i ever find someone doing stupid stuff like that i will turn them in.

20. cattinfever999

cattinfever999 New Member

State:
    KY
    Oh, Darryl. I laughed til I almost wet myself. That just ain't right. Poor JW.