Amy's Stuff French Toast

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by rebelzgrl76, Dec 11, 2007.

1. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    I been seeing this TV commercial for the Villiage Inn, Maple Inn Stuffed French Toast and I was wondering if there were a way that I could make something like that. While watching Mrs. Paula Dean she made a stuffed french toast that was dirt pie easy. So, I went to the market last night and gathered the ingredients. I got up this morning at 5:30 to make my daughter breakfast before school and it was a winner. Id like to share it with you all. Let me know what you think. I tweaked it a little from what Mrs. Paula Dean done.

*1 loaf of Pane Dolce ( This is an Italian bread loaded with dark and golden raisins and cranberries with a hint of cinnamon) Mrs. Dean used french bread and that would work as well.

Filling
    * sweetened dried cranberries or blueberries may be used.
    *1 pkg. of softened cream cheese
    * Sugar to taste(1/2 cup)
    * 1 tsp. vanilla

Egg wash
    * 4 eggs
    *1/4 cup of milk
    * 1 tbs vanilla

Mix well choice of fruit with cream cheese, sugar and vanilla. Set aside.
    Warm skillet or griddle to med. low heat with butter to coat bottom.
    Whisk eggs, milk and vanilla flavoring.

Slice loaf approx 1-1/2 inches wind. Make a pocket in each and fill with cream cheese mixture. Dredge each piece in egg wash and place in skillet till golden brown. I placed my french toast on cookie sheet and place in a 350 degree oven, to endure that egg wash was thouroghly cooked and too keep warm til ready to eat.

Take out of oven or skillet/griddle and let rest. Slice at an angle and dust with confectioners sugar.

This is a sweet breakfast for someone special. I think this is the breakfast in bed dish! I plan on serving it as that too. :wink:

2. anchorpuller

anchorpuller New Member

State:
    North Caro
    Amy,

I think I saw that same segment. Wasn't it with some dude that they had eight minutes to put together breakfast for thier family? It was funny as heck.

I like the Pane Dolce idea. Bet, that would just be the topper to it.

I'll have to try it too, thanks!

3. CNTRYBOY

CNTRYBOY New Member

State:
    Benton, Ar
    Amy - that sounds good. Gonna have to try that sometime. Glad it turned out good.:big_smile:

4. rebelzgrl76

rebelzgrl76 New Member

State:
    CO
    YES..lol that was the episode.:smile2: It was funny. But I tweaked a lil to make it my own. I made it with Cranberries but next time I'll make it with blueberries. This is the type of dish that a man could make for his lady and it would be very easy and simple... And wow her to no end. :smile2::wink: