Amputation

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by bowfin, Oct 19, 2007.

1. bowfin

bowfin New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Do we have any members with a amputation?The reason I ask I will have a above the knee amputation on NOV12 Just wont to know how long it took you to get back fishing

2. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    i dont have an amputated anything but i just wanted to say good luck in ur operation brother

3. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Geez Dave, I hope everything goes well. As far as fishing unless you have a way to keep your leg warm I would wait till spring. I lost half of my hand,they put it back on but Dang it really gets cold and that was 20 years ago. You will know when you can handle the cold. If you are catching fish I dont think the cold will bother you. smokey

4. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    i have a good friend who was amputated right above the elbow, he doesnt fish, but he still hunts occasionally. he says the same as smokey, its the cold. i think it actually makes his bones hurt.

5. catfish kenny

catfish kenny New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Good luck on your operation ,the family and I wish you the best

6. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Good luck with the surgery David. Sorry to hear. Keep us posted.

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    A lot of things will get ya as the fellas have said. Cold, even a cool wind. Rehabilitation, the thought that your ankle itches when you have no ankle and on and on. What ya gotta remember is for whatever reason they are gonna remove it that WON'T get ya, and when you are ready you will fish as long and as hard as ya ever did. You should join a forum like this to find out how to fish. John.

8. catfisherman60

catfisherman60 New Member

State:
    Greenwood AR.
    You will be in my thoughts and prayers. Hope all goes well.

9. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    David,
    As others have said I can't help you with actual experience but I wish you good luck and a speedy return to fishing...W

10. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Good luck on your upcoming surgery. Being a diabetic this is the type of thing i think about in later years. Another reason to try to enjoy the things you love to do as much as possible while you have your health. I don't think this will slow you down to much on your fishing. If you don't already have a boat you might think about purchasing one. Carrying items back and forth bank fishing might get tricky but being in a boat you should have few or no problems.

11. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I forgot to add if it is not covered.A Big time sunblock is a must!!! smokey