Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the amp draw of the run of the mill trolling motor? I know its gonna vary lb of thrust/voltage/etc, but it would be a good base line to know SOMETHING. I'm trying to calculate estimated run time of a few things and that is the one chunk of data I can't find and as of right now, I dont have a TM to test. The more specific info, the better. Thanks

phlat

edit: wattage would work too.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I'll see what I can find on their websites. I did find one chunk of data in an offshore boating catalog for an engine mounted 3-motor setup. It was up to 80 amps @36VDC i think. Thats one heck of a load. Thanks again. Any more info would be great.

phlat

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
The book on my MinnKota Edge 55 says that as a general rule: the 12v motor will draw one ampere per hour for each pound of thrust produced when the motor is running in high. Amp draw is dependent on weather,water, and current conditions.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
One amp/lb. of thrust on high, at full load, at 12vdc. I'm sure it vaires a little bit from motor to motor, but probably nothing more than 10%+/- thos figures. Sounds like a nice base line I guess. Give me something to go on anyways. Thanks a bunch.

phlat

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.