Ammo

Discussion in 'Handgun Talk' started by TRP1, Sep 16, 2007.

1. TRP1

TRP1 New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Where do you folk buy your Ammo? I use alot of Blazer Brass .45. 11.00 a box at Walmart. I love it when I tell the clerk I would like to purchase a case of twenty boxes. The looks you get!!!! Usually have to wait 20 minutes to find the Clerk with the lone key to the display cabinet but for that price it is worth it.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I used to buy alot @ gun shows, but anymore it's more expensive there versus Walmart. (even by the case) :embarassed:

PS- I really like the CCI Brass ammo. I'm glad they finally came out w/ it.

3. SteveSm

SteveSm New Member

State:
    Decatur, Illinois
    I buy mine online for my 460XVR due to the cost of a box being out of this world if I can find it around here. Online I can get some great prices such as $17.69 or so a box for a case purchase.

4. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    havent bought any centerfire ammo ,cept shotgun shells in years,i reload all my brass. but I can buy promo loads for shotgun cheaper at wally world than i can roll my own.

5. Ictalurus Punctatus

Ictalurus Punctatus New Member

State:
    Greensboro, NC
    That explains the screen name :wink:. I usually buy my rounds for the range at a gun show. For the 'real deal', home defense rounds, that I don't shoot up at the range, went ahead and bit the bullet, so to speak, and paid the price at Southern Firearms.

Jon

6. BLKCLOUD

BLKCLOUD Member

State:
    Pulaski Tn
    I have progressive loaders for 28 20 and 12 gauge and 44 mag..my 40 and 45 I probaby dont shoot 300 rounds per year in those but here lately wal mart has had shotshells for 2.99 a box, I cant load them for that, I bought 300 boxes 2 weeks before dove season opened this year..:smile2:

7. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Load my own for target practice. 357 and 38, for about 2 cents a round.

8. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    WALLY WORLD:tounge_out:

However I have to hunt for the 150 grain weatherbys in nos part they are 64.00 a box ouch.:crazy:

all ammo has gone up:angry:

have a good one friends

9. stinky fingers

stinky fingers New Member

State:
    Buckeye,Arizona
    I buy my rifle and hand gun ammo from Cabela's. Cabela's is cool because you get a free ammo can when you buy 500 rounds two cans when you buy 1000 rounds.

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    And sadly will keep skyrocketing from what I have heard.

11. riddleofsteel

riddleofsteel New Member

State:
    NC
    We reload all of our centerfire ammo except for my main deer rifle in .270. Right after I built it I found it would shoot Hornady 130 grain custom ammo into .5 MOA groups and I have been to lazy and busy to work up a better load. Everything else we reload.
    I am guilty of picking up Winchester white box .45 ACP ammo to shoot out of my convertible .45 Colt/.45 ACP Blackhawk on occasion but even that has gone sky high.
    One of the best deals is to get a cross trainer in .22 rimfire. We have them for our main hunting rifles and pistols. For instance I picked up a Savage Mark II with heavy barrel for my son and outfitted it with a scope identical to his deer rifle. It is almost identical in weight and balance for cross training shooting off hand. Plus it is a LOT cheaper to shoot.
    We also have .22 hand guns similar to our hunting weapons.

12. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i get most of my ammo at wallyworld. it just keeps going up though. the most expensive gun i have to shoot is my .44 mag. the guy i bought it from gave me a couple boxes of hadloads when i got it from him, and they shoot so much better than factory loads. well i saw him again later and asked if i could buy some more rounds from him and he told me to come to the house. when i got there he gave me 500 loaded rounds and a box of 250 lswc in 240 grain. i tried and tried to pay him, but he wouldn't hear it. needless to say, i use those rounds very sparingly, as that's not a deal likely to come along again. he shoots .45 colt now, and doesn't shoot a .44 anymore. he hunts bears and mtn lions behind dogs, and the 7 1/2" bbl on the super blackhawk he sold me just gets in the way with all the climbing and running he does. works great for me though!

13. chambers bd

chambers bd New Member

State:
    Sautee,Geo
    I went to shulers in gainesville ga a box of 223 psp remington cost 24.00

:crazy:

14. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    i reload my own, i can make a 44 shoot like a 38, and its cheap enough I can afford to shoot

15. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    I reload .38spl.
    Bought a bunch of once fired brass off ebay a few years ago
    for about 2 cents each. Got a bunch that haven't been touched
    since I cleaned them.
    Buy primers by the case.
    Bought a Lee 6 cavity 158 gr. swc mold and pour my own.

I used the wrong powder in about 500 rounds and crimped
    the brass a bit to much. I tried pulling the bullets but break
    a bunch of boards.
    When we fire these rounds, all you hear is a click, the bullets hits
    the target and a large spray of powder comes out of the barrel.
    After a few shots the gun wants to jam. Then there is time at the
    range cleaning the gun.

16. olefin

olefin New Member

State:
    Texas
    Jimmy, I never had to buy any .357 or .38 SPL brass. We would pick up once fired brass around caliche pits in our area of TX. They were everywhere. It was kind of a game back then with wife and I.... :cool2: