Ammo Prices Up Up And Away

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by Quack_Addict88, Feb 11, 2009.

1. Quack_Addict88

Quack_Addict88 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Has anyone heard about the ammo prices goin up? i heard they will be raised anywhere from 500% to 1000% per box!!! jw what others have heard or know about this subject...if this happens theres goin to be alot of p'o'd people out there!!!!! I KNOW I WILL BE!!

2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    I'm thinking its just BS,Matthew. I have a wait and see attitude so far. The dumbasses buying ammo up so far have helped it go up tho.

3. Snagged2

Snagged2 New Member

State:
    Verde Valley AZ
    This kind of thing happens everytime there is a Liberal Uprising,,,The most important thing, is to contact your representatives and let them know your opinions and thoughts about American Freedom..also, whether you like them or not, Join the NRA, they are at work for gun owners rights even when we are pre-occupied!

Some think there is no problem,, but, there has been a problem with this sort of thing ever since people that are fear motivated realized they had a vote,,,,,and,,, they are contacting their representatives,,,,,,,,,,,:eek:oooh:
    I think it's kinda weird,,, ammo ain't gonna do you much good,,, fresh water, food and blankets will keep you alive a lot longer.....

4. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I havent heard about 500-1000%, but ammo went up last year too. In some of my catalogues they say its going up. Might be a great time to get into reloading?

5. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I wouldn't panic yet. I still remember the primer scare couple years ago.
    Any time we are at war, as in defence contracts being filled, the civil ammo cost go up.
    And also the liberal scare has guys hording.

6. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    have not seen that high of a jump in prices

7. heyop_erator

heyop_erator New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Everything seems to get higher priced and I'm sure ammo WILL go up but I would have to see it to believe it would get that kind of price increase..Reloading isn't a bad go tho.

8. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    They have not gone up here yet !!! The price's will be decided by paroind people beliving in every thing they HERE or are TOLD by the media or a friend of a friend that was told by a second cousin :smile2: You drive up the price by buying in a panic state of mind:eek:oooh: And yes every ammo maker in the world will be more than willing to help you belive that ....After all a dollar is a dollar right ?

9. Blue Duck

Blue Duck New Member

State:
    Idaho
    I bought a box of 7mm mag shells last week, just in the interest of stocking up. I paid $26.00 for them. When I got home I looked at a box of the same that I bought a year and a half ago with a price tag still on it. I paid $15.95 for the same thing. So far this is all because of supply and demand. If the bills ever get passed and inacted that are being pushed, we aint seen nothing yet.

10. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Just recently bought a lee roundball mold for my .50 cal. and a lee classic loader for my 30-30 22bucks well spent..8$ a box for reloads..The last cheap box of 30-30 i bought in nov-08 12 bucks from wally world

They grouped 12" at 100 yards , like everyone was a flier...Still had some 15 year old ammo and shot them right after and got 2.5" at 100.. wind is always blowing here in oklahoma, that is why it aint no better.

I think most people will be impressed with them cheap lee classic loaders.

11. Quack_Addict88

Quack_Addict88 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    I appreciate yalls posts...im just curios on what people had to say...i shoot shotgun mostly so i might be lookin into gettin a shotshell reloader...anyone know bout how much a box that would cost to reload??

12. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    I stopped by the sporting goods section of walmart yesterday.
    50 box of rem .38 spl 14.47
    100 box of rem .38 spl 29.97
    Same prices as before thanksgiving.

I haven't made it out to the reloaders bench to see if there is an increase yet. Last time there, 50 box of bama reloads .38 spl 16.95, no trade-in of returned brass.

13. swampratt

swampratt Member

State:
    oklahoma
    There was some shotgun reloading stuff on craigslist , you should look in your state and surrounding , might find a deal....some guy in ok. had a bunch of stuff

14. Jester2012

Jester2012 New Member

State:
    Arkansas
    Like someone said before me, I'll have to see it to believe it. Although if I do see it, one of my guns won't be shot for a long time. I mostly shoot with my 300 wsm and the shells I shoot for it at walmart are $32 a box, I can't imagine 500-1000%, that'd be crazy.