American Spirt Nite Stick Rods!

Discussion in 'Fishing Rod Review' started by smoothkip25, Jan 1, 2009.

1. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    I recieved my rod yesterday from the American Spirt Promotion. Im really happy with it! No detail was spared in this 7'6" MH rod. Real stout but sensitive tip, real solid eyelets and a good reel seat! Fits my 6500s perfect. The cork handle and style and color are awesome cant wait to put it to use!

2. slimdaddy

slimdaddy Well-Known Member

State:
    Nelsonville, Oh
    Name:
    Keith
    I ORDERED 2 OF THEM a few days ago same one you got hope there not to stiff

3. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    Thanks for the review. Me and a friend ordered five. Cannot wait to try them out.:006:

4. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I ordered four but have not heard back from anyone @ American Spirit yet. I'm assuming you already talked to them since you have your rod, right?

5. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Yeah I talked to them. Everything was behind schedule with The Holidays and such. I too was worried but I called them and they gave me a tracking number. Then I called fedex and I found out where they were! It was Fed Ex not the rod company!

6. catfishrollo

catfishrollo New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Congrats on the new outfit for this year Kip....rollo

7. Harleycat

Harleycat New Member

State:
    INDIANA
    how much did they charge you to ship them?

8. neocats

neocats New Member

State:
    Steubenvil
    The hold up now is the holidays. The company is closed until the 5th. They will contact everyone after then. It was just a timing thing when we announced the offer.

Sorry for any inconvience.

9. smoothkip25

smoothkip25 New Member

State:
    ohio
    About 15 dollars but thats for the whole shippment. If you plan on getting some get all at once!

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Jeff,

The rep from American Spirit called me today at work. My rods order was placed and is ready to be shipped. I ordered four of them and had a food conversation with them as well.

11. s_man

s_man New Member

State:
    south east ohio
    I met up with Kip on sunday to check out his new rod.
    All I got to do was put a 7000 ABU on it and cast a 5OZ weight out into the river (no fish fighting). But it was compareable in action, and feel of the bottom with my E-cat 4's. I know that rod can handle a 6OZ sinker and a 1lb bait. I'm gonna order 3.

Has a semi-fast tip for live baiting like I do, but not so flimsy that you can't cast some weight. I'll give a better report after I catch a 30 or 40 pounder on one.

But for the price I can see no reason not to try one.

12. master_cat

master_cat New Member

State:
    tennessee
    where are yall ordering rods from

13. scout

scout Member

State:
    Louisiana
    The rep from American Spirit called me yesterday to confirm my order.:006: Me and a friend ordered 5 of the 7 footers. Looking foward to trying them out.

14. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Damn, I mus have been on crack when I wrote that. How about this (I do sometime speak proper English!)

My rods were ordered and are ready to be shipped. I had a good conversation with them as well.

15. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Mellon, if ya want to talk about food call me, what the heck are talking to the rod rep about food for?:smile2:

16. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    ive got three of them now this last one i ordered only took me three days to get.Got it today as a matter of fact,but i got mine from catfish connection.

17. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Be cautious randall. the 7 footers are'nt anyway near the construction of the 7'6" pro series. I have several of both of them. I use the 7 footers for smaller catfish bobber fishing. they are light and flimsy.I use the pro series ones in the river for larger cats. The pro series rod blanks are really tough. I had a couple of brand new ones and I took my kids fishing from the bank on a river bend in one of our parks. We started out fishing near the bend because there was someone in our spot. It started raining a little and they left. I had one I had never used in my tahoe when I shoved all our tackle in it to move to our spot. I shut the left rear door and it did'nt shut right, like the seatbelt was in it. I opened it back up and did'nt see anything and shut it again. it still did'nt shut right. I looked up and seen the last 8 inches or so of my brand new rod sticking out of the top of the door. I knew it was broke. Before I even got to use it. I looked at it and it did'nt even have a scratch in the clear coat. And it had to have made a serious s-bend for the door to close. The only improvement I could see they need is a metal reel seat. like the surge elites have.

18. kyelkhunter3006

kyelkhunter3006 New Member

State:
    Ky
    In the regular series of rods, they have 2 different 7 foot models, on is 12-30lb line, the other 7 foot has the same ratings as the 7'6" Pro does. I almost ordered a couple of them in addition to the Pro's just to see if they are similar actions (they'd have been good gifts for someone) but I just went with the Pro's, with all of the good stuff I've heard about them, I figured it would be hard to go wrong with them.

19. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    They are just a great rod. I've got to get a couple more before the deal goes off. I love the 4 I've got, wish I'd have gotten all 7'6" models, but the 8ft rods are pretty dang good too. If I get any more it'll probably be the 7'6" rods, however, I'd like to know how the 7ft ones are.

20. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I like the so far BUT..... today was the 1st day I got them out of the wrapper. I put a 6000 Custom reel on one of them and the reel seat tightener cracked. This has happened now on 2 of the 3 American Spirit rods I've had. :embarassed: The rod is still usable but it does have me worried. I'm going to put a 7000B on it now and use the metal Abu reel seat for extra security.